We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise ship days

Cobleskill, New York
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise ship days

What are the best activities to do on Cruise ship days to avoid the crowds of people from the ships??

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise ship days

enjoy the beach in front of where you are staying!

on days when ships are in port, the frenzy is usually minimal in Georgetown by 3 PM as cruisers are lining up to board the tenders back to the ships for departure.

go to caymanport.com to view ships scheduled to be in port on the days you are there.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,110 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise ship days

lovecayman: I was going to reply " stay home!" but thought it sounded abrupt. You said it nicely. : )

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise ship days

Those are the days that I truly do my very best to just 'be'...enjoy the view, the quiet, the slow pace - and count my blessings. So many times when I go on holiday, I need a vacation from my trip...because I just 'did, did, did'. Try doing 'nothing' on those days, you'll appreciate it.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise ship days

Agree with everyone else :) IF you still want to go to town, do as suggested and hit there when they're heading back. One thing is guaranteed when the cruise ships are in port---the stores will be open!!!

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise ship days

depending on when you are there, ships in port varies considerably. check on both how many and the capacity of ships. If only 2 and not the mega ones, the negative aspects to activity will not be what it is when, for example during high winter season, 5 big ones in port on a single day.

Cobleskill, New York
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise ship days

Thank you all for your help. I think just relaxing is a great idea!

Cayman
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise ship days

Also consider taking a drive over to East End or Rum Point/Kaibo. There are plenty of restaurants and beaches to see on the way. Take the day and take your time.

Charles Town, West...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruise ship days

We are here now and there were 4 or 5 ships in port today and at least 3 of them seemed to be gone by 3pm and the shops are open until 5pm. if you head into town in afternoon i'm sure it wouldn't be too bad. at least that is our plan for tomorrow

9. Re: Cruise ship days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2010, 05:16