We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Craft breweries ... Are there any ?

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Craft breweries ... Are there any ?

My husband lovers craft beer . Does GC craFt any of ot's own beer ? If not, best place to go for craft beer? Thanks

7 replies to this topic
GC
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
771 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Craft breweries ... Are there any ?

http://cib.ky/cib/

Can be found at bars island wide

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Craft breweries ... Are there any ?

Your hubby may like the bar/restaurant Craft which is across from the Marriott.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
6,331 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Craft breweries ... Are there any ?

GC as is the same with most Caribbean island is not a place to find craft brews as we know them here in the states. Most islands including GC brew their own beer but it is beach beer. It is amazing and absolutely suited to the environment but if you are looking for IPA's etc it will be tough to find.

B.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
7,083 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Craft breweries ... Are there any ?

While supremely suited for the beach, CIB does have their current Twisted Citrus and Mango Tango craft brews.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,894 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Craft breweries ... Are there any ?

There are no "craft breweries on the island". The Caybrew folks have a stout plus the Twisted Citrus and Mango Tango, which didn't do a ton for me. YMMV

However, all if not lost - Craft Food and Beverage, which I assume is owned by Canadians, have a very decent list of unusual craft brews available. You don't say where you are from, so not sure how exotic these will be for you, but I have had several Canadian IPAs there, and the last time I had a Hawaiian IPA which I enjoyed.

Here is a recent beverage list from Craft, so that you can get an idea of what they have: craftcayman.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/C…

Soo all is not lost for for a craft beer drinker on the island!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
513 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Craft breweries ... Are there any ?

If you like IPA's from craft brewers in the US, then as said above, you will be left wanting. Cayman Brewing is not what I would classify as a craft brewer like so many in the US. Caybrew is much like the standard run of the mill product cranked out by the mega brewers in the US. Fine, if that is what you like. Their two flavored offerings are not what most craft brew fans are looking for but might appeal to beach goers. Having also traveled in Canada I had a hard time finding anything to compare with US craft IPA's. The same issue can be found in the US Virgin Islands where it seems there is only one IPA offering brewed on the US mainland and sold as island craft beer. Would not let this minor issue spoil a vacation on such a nice island.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Orlando
Level Contributor
11,321 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Craft breweries ... Are there any ?

They do have a brewery. It is OK, but it probably would not fall into the "craft" level in the US. The stout is really good at the brewery if in season. Their IPA isn't a US type IPA. It is only 5% and very light. It is great for sitting on the beach.

Craft is the closest thing they have. Good beer, but not much on tap. Lots of bottles, good food, and a great staff. I was in there almost every night of my vacation.

Edited: 31 July 2017, 18:03
Reply to: Craft breweries ... Are there any ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach