We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Souvenir Shops??

Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Best Souvenir Shops??

Staying in the West Bay Area and wondering who has the best quality and selection of souvenirs. First time to the island and looking for the good stuff I.e shirts etc. Thanks!!!

Mentioned in this post
West Bay
West Bay
Roatan, Honduras
22 replies to this topic
Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,670 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Souvenir Shops??

Pure Art in South GT

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Souvenir Shops??

Beach Bubbles in Bodden Town:

http://www.beachbubblesgrandcayman.com/

Cathy Church’s Photo Shop at Sunset House Resort:

http://www.cathychurch.com/index.php

Pure Art, south of the Harbor near Sunset House:

http://www.pureart.ky/

Mentioned in this post
Sunset House
Sunset House
610 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Souvenir Shops??

Pure Art is where we always find wonderful items of all kinds at all price points.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,928 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Souvenir Shops??

I think that it really depends on what you are looking for as far as souvenirs go. The places that have been recommended so far are great - Beach Bubble for soaps and lotions, Cathy Church for all sorts of very cool photography and Pure Art for unique articles by local artists.

One suggestion I think that is moderately unique is to take home some Rum Cake - you can get different sizes and they pack well. I like to take this home for folks that do things like picking up our mail, looking after pets, etc.

Various stores down West Bay Road can have some nicer clothing - I find that Diver's Supply has some neat t shirts that are decent quality, but sometimes just wandering around in the main drag in George Town can yield some neat clothing, too. Another interesting idea that is unique is a piece of jewellery made from Caymanite - I have seen this all over, including the gift shop in Hell.

Mentioned in this post
West Bay
West Bay
Roatan, Honduras
George Town
George Town
Grand Cayman
White Bear Lake...
Level Contributor
232 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Souvenir Shops??

We have gotten some simple but beautiful pieces of Caymanite and pink (conch?) jewelry at the small shop near Chicken, Chicken. One of my sons likes rings, we found some at the Farmer's Market at Camana Bay and I think she is also at the Craft Market. She has a Facebook page and if you go to photos you can see what her products look like (https:/…).

For t-shirts, we always check out Too Hot (near Chicken, Chicken) but we also take an hour or so and walk downtown Georgetown and often find shirts we like. My husband waited for two years to buy the unique pirate's flags shirt in a Georgetown store (I think he finally got at a discount from a very nice store owner). We were also very happy to see PIRANA JOE come back to Cayman last year. Plus if you are a collector of Hard Rock Cafe shirts - there is one in Georgetown.

As was said before, the Rum Cakes are a great gift to bring back. But we often wait until we get to Duty Free to get ours as we depart (it also gives us something to do as we wait for our plane).

Mentioned in this post
Camana Bay
Camana Bay
583 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,462 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Souvenir Shops??

The gift shops at the Turtle Farm and The Westin both have nice selections. Guy Harvey's store in George Town has a unique variety of items.

Mentioned in this post
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman...
645 Reviews
Grand Cayman
George Town
George Town
Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Souvenir Shops??

Thank you!!

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,670 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Souvenir Shops??

TB reminded me of a big hit with my family who also love Rum Cakes. I go to the grocery store -- real Cadburys, fresher spices, incredible baking supplies that you can't easily get in the US. My family enjoys cooking and one sister is an incredible baker -- she loves when she gets her supplies!!!

Harrisonburg...
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Souvenir Shops??

Tortuga Rum Company has an on-line shop where you can buy your rum cakes and have them shipped to your home (we live in USA). I placed an on line order before we left for our trip to GC (and they were running a sale of buying a original flavor rum cake and get a chocolate cake free!) and had them shipped the day before our return. They arrived in perfect shape and I didn't have to try and lug them through the airport or try and pack them into the suitcases! Worked great for us and they were sooooo good!!!!

We went to the Guy Harvey shop as well and it was so nice!! Got several tee shirts and some art work. There was also another tee shirt shop next door to this (can't remember the name but it had the word Hot in it)....prices were very inexpensive and we picked up many of our souvenirs here. (inexpensive costume jewelry, lots of great tee's and knick knacks)

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
182 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Souvenir Shops??

We love Pure Art and have bought some ornaments and let our kids pick out little hand made stuffed animals there. I also got some Caymanite earrings there. We also bring back some things from the supermarket like sea salt and rum cakes.

We do walk around Georgetown one afternoon and hit the stores for t-shirts.

I would also mention not to wait until the airport to shop unless it's for rum cakes. In Jamaica, the airport has tons of shops with every "junky" touristy thing you could ever want (plus some nice locally made stuff) but GCM is not like that.

ps-I am also wondering if anyone has ever found one of those black canvas bags that say "CAYMAN ISLANDS" over and over again on it. Like the ones you can get for every destination in the world. I've looked and never managed to find one.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Reply to: Best Souvenir Shops??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach