We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Share with Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman?

2 posts
Resort Share with Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman?

Some of our family is staying at the Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman. They were kind enough to invite our children. Unfortunately, we cannot afford to stay at the Ritz and due to a medical condition of one of my children, I am uncomfortable with them being out of the country without us. Is there a less expensive resort to stay at, like a sister resort, that permits the guest to use the Ritz Carlton beach or amenities?

Thank you!

13 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,317 posts
117 reviews
1. Re: Resort Share with Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman?

As far as I am aware, the Ritz’ beach & amenities are strictly for resort guests.

Most hotels do not permit non-paying guests to use their facilities.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
6,599 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Resort Share with Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman?

Yes but you can be a guest of a guest and use their facilities. If you are just hanging out with the other family no one from the Ritz will bother you.

B.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,535 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: Resort Share with Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman?

If your family is able to consider the Westin rather than the Ritz, Westin has a sister resort. The Sunshine Suites is a short walk from the Westin, offers less expensive lodging and their resort fee allows their guests to all of the amenities at the Westin.

Other than that option, cmg parsons is correct that you can not utilize the pools or lounge chairs at the Ritz if you are not a paying guest.

oops, just read booykasha'post, was not aware of that.

Edited: 25 October 2017, 21:30
Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
7,197 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Resort Share with Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman?

If your family is staying at the Ritz and you'd be their guests while staying elsewhere...no issues.

Sunshine Suites, as recommend, is a good value and not far from the Ritz.

Comfort suites is a bus ride away, and another more affordable option.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,895 posts
81 reviews
5. Re: Resort Share with Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman?

It is not 100% true that you can just hang out at resort everyday because you are someone else's guest. What would stop groups from taking a low end accommodation at an expensive venue for two and then inviting the rest of the group which could be staying in a place with no amenities from coming over everyday? What is to stop locals from renting a room for the weekend and having all the family come as Guests.? When we had loved ones come and stay at the RC for a final family vacation we stayed in our place but spent every day and evening with them. There were 9 of them and 2 of us. We asked permission as we were welcomed due to the special circumstances. We often see groups where Grannie and Grandpa stay at the RC or another hotel and the grown kids with kids stay at a condo. They will “visit” for an afternoon or a day but do not expect to use the facilities that they are not part of as a regular place to go for the day. Everyone has different life events that shape what we can and cannot do I am not trying to be harsh but I am trying to be realistic. Can you visit for a day yes, can you use it as if you were a paying guest no.

Chicago
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,599 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Resort Share with Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman?

Retrip - The RC does have an official guest policy. They will invoke this policy if people are abusing it like you mention in your post. It didn't seem to me like the OP was planning to do that but your point is well taken.

B.

2 posts
7. Re: Resort Share with Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman?

Thanks so much for all the replies! Maybe I will give the resort a call to see. It is a large group of extended family staying, it would just be my husband and I hoping to use the beach a limited number of days so that we could be close in case of emergency. It is highly unlikely something would occur, but I would be more comfortable being close. I definitely wouldn't want to jeopardize my extended family's experience at the RC just because we cannot afford that type of luxury. Especially since they were kind enough to include my children.

Edited: 26 October 2017, 00:27
Chicago
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,599 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Resort Share with Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman?

The beach itself is public. You are more than welcome to be on the beach regardless of where you are staying. The chairs and umbrellas are not public and are to be used by RC guests. If it is a large family gathering with many people staying at the RC than 2 more people will not even be noticed by RC staff.

B

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
636 posts
87 reviews
9. Re: Resort Share with Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman?

Valerie----Up to you, but personally, I would not call the hotel. I doubt they have an "official policy" that permits this. I think Booyakasha is saying that if you discreetly hang out with your family for a few hours on certain days around the pool, it will not be a big deal to RC staff. It is also likely that your family will not be spending their entire time at the resort. You can spend time together walking on the beach, playing on the beach, etc.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
9,127 posts
197 reviews
10. Re: Resort Share with Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman?

Disagree with the previous poster. As someone who has been a guest of a guest at the Ritz many times, you should definitely have family staying there inform the staff of the situation. They'll add your name to the room list, get you a towel, and can authorize charge privileges to their room.

Reply to: Resort Share with Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach
Recent Conversations