We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Could you please post a review

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
837 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Could you please post a review

Hi everyone

I really want to go to SMB next year. I have always read the trip advisor reviews to help me decide where to go. I am shocked on how few reviews are posted. So if you are staying in a Villa could you please post pictures.

Is March OK?? - good weather - how many spring break people??

I am looking for a place with a good one bedroom ocean view. Has to have a sandy beach and no rocks.

So far I am interested in VOG, plantana, and lacovia.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,515 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Could you please post a review

We have stayed at Lacovia three times in the past. We stayed in a three bedroom (two level ground floor entry on the beach). Fantastic. The gardens were lovely, the pool practically empty (as well as the beach). Two minute walk from the Hyatt beach shop (watersports), easy walk to many shops, restaurants, etc. Staff lovely, well appointed rooms. I also stayed overnight (business trip) in a 2 bedroom near the road. It was a bit noisy, but as I was only sleeping in it not vacationing so it really didn't bother me (nor did the lack of sea view). I don't know that they have 1 bedroom villas. Good luck!

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,381 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Could you please post a review

we always go during March and always stay on SMB. The weather that time of the year is wonderful. All 3 condos you mention are located on nice sandy beach fronts. I don't believe there are any one bedroom units at any of them though. VOG has no pool, the other 2 have pools. We have stayed at Lacovia several times. Ditto of what Retrip reports:)

Have also been very delighted with stays at Merdian, Colonial Club, & Casa Caribe....all of these have pools but none have one bedroom units.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Could you please post a review

My wife and I are traveling to Grand Cayman this weekend. We are staying in a 1BR at Plantana.They seam to have two 1BR units and a 1BR Penthouse unit. Check their web site to see the location of these units. It's been quite a while since we have been to GC, but have vacationed during March in the past. You should find the weather to be wonderful.

I just had some pictures of Plantana emailed to me from a trip advisor user, and would be happy to forward. Only four pics, all of the exterior and the view from the screened porch. I plan on taking my camera, so maybe I could sent more photos after we return next week.

We also looked at Lacovia, it seams very nice also.

Chad

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,020 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Could you please post a review

Just returned Saturday from GC. We stayed at Discovery Point condos, Unit #15. Only negative I have is that entry into the ocean is very rocky. you have to wear watershoes or sandels.

They have one bedroom units but I don't know if any are oceanfront.

Places that I would not stay are The Meridian, Heritage Club, or London House due to major construction next door. It will not be completed by next March.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
837 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Could you please post a review

bump

6. Re: Could you please post a review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach