We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody out there ever stay here?

PA
9 posts
Save Topic
Anybody out there ever stay here?

I am looking at the possibility of renting a condo sometime in June '08 for a vacation with hubby and children (age 22 and 17). Would like some feedback on Treasure Island or Lacovia. We're definitely into a laid back vacation--plan to make meals in the condo, eat out occasionally. Would like to be beach bums and snorkel. Do we need to rent a car? I welcome any other advice--thanks!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,770 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody out there ever stay here?

If it's between the 2, I'd go with Lacovia. The beach is better there.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,381 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anybody out there ever stay here?

Ditto for Lacovia. Stayed there several times. Great big sandy beach area, nicely furnished condos, excellent management & very convenient location.

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
270 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anybody out there ever stay here?

Treasure Island has nice snorkeling out in front. That is why the bech is not as nice. I don't know anything about Lacovia or if it is close to good snorkeling. Any specific questions about TI? We have stayed there many times.

I

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,515 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anybody out there ever stay here?

We've stayed at Lacovia and loved it. Haven't tried TI. Bottom line is sandy beach = easy entrance, no beach shoes necessary etc., better chance of seeing turtles, rays etc. Rocky beach = great snorkelling - more places for smaller fishes to live, hide when necessary, maybe not such great footing for humans. Give up one for the other. Most places have an area you can easily swim to for enjoyment of marine life -- ask the people at your venue which direction to go. Good times! I would definitely hook my kids up with an intro to diving or Open Water course to certify -- Grand Cayman is an excellent place to test the waters -- you should try it too!!!

Clearwater
Level Contributor
260 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anybody out there ever stay here?

Hi, a friend of mine has a unti it is really nicely done (from the brochure) very Key Westish. His name is Rodger phone him at 727 461-5271, another neighbor stayed there and said it was nice. I will be going in October myself, but got a friends and family rate at the Marriott for $129 night - price can't be beat even taking into consideration meals. Good Luck, have fun.

6. Re: Anybody out there ever stay here?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 19:22
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach