We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodation suggestions?

ma
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
accomodation suggestions?

Appreciate suggestions for the best place on 7 mi beach for sandy beach, snorkeling, and beach activities for teens-(with their parents too!) thanksgiving week.

thanks,

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accomodation suggestions?

a condo in the central SMB area. check out caymanvacations.com for options.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,837 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accomodation suggestions?

Agreed. We prefer the Northern end of Seven Mile Beach but it is just my husband and myself and we enjoy the seclusion. If I was traveling with teens I would stay in the Central section where you can walk to shops and restaurants. The beach in that area is great and the reef is about 100 yards offshore and offers great snorkeling. The Island is safe so you can let the kids wander off to shop or eat without worry.

caymanvacations.com is a wonderful resource for information.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accomodation suggestions?

If you don't need a pool (with such a beautiful beach, who cares), Villas of Galleon is a great choice. It's smack in between the Westin and Ritz, but yet very quiet. You are walking distance to snorkeling (a little north). If you go on the www.caymanvacations.com website, you can see the location.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,382 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accomodation suggestions?

Check out Lacovia. Great location, from street side (for shops) etc., great location on beach (right next to Red Sail Watersports Shop etc.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accomodation suggestions?

Lacovia, Meridian, Casa Caribe, Colonial Club are ones we have stayed in...all spacious, excellent choices, great locations, best beach area on the island, close to activities, restaurants, etc.

6. Re: accomodation suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 20:18