We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advise on what to see.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
837 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Advise on what to see.

We are going to Grand Cayman for the first time in April. We chose the VOG because of the beach. Are there other beaches that we should see that aren't crowded?

I also like to collect sea shells. Any good spots to go for shells?

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advise on what to see.

You'll find what you're looking for along SMB...including shells. They are not big but you may find some small attractive ones. Another option is to take a day trip to Rum Point. I don't recall seeing many shells there but the beach is outstanding.

Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advise on what to see.

Cayman does not really get shells, not like Florida beachs. We get coral rocks that wash ashore. I would say Rum Point and Kaibo as well for a day trip. Stingray City is a must. If you have a car, go to the far end of West Bay called Barkers beach. Not many people, quite area. While in the area, try Morgans Harbour for lunch. the jerk burger is awesome. Hope this helps.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
837 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advise on what to see.

Thanks everyone - these are the ideas I am looking for. Yes we will be renting a car. Always love good restaurant tips as well.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,253 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advise on what to see.

Restaurants:

Casanova, Copper Falls, Edoardos, Ragazzi, Calypso Grille, are some of our favorites. There are so many excellent ones! These are the ones we never miss having dinner at when on GC. Also excellent is the Sunday Brunch at the Westin (definitely need to reserve in advance) ...so extensive and delicious for us going there is a one meal day:)

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advise on what to see.

I'll add Pappagallo's and BED (you won't forget your experience there).

6. Re: Advise on what to see.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 09:21