We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dream comming through

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,164 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Dream comming through

For years I have dreamt about going to Grand Cayman to see Stingray city. Now I just booked plane tickets to go there for a week this summer, while being on vacation in Florida.

I am so exited. I simply can’t wait

By the way does anyone know how the diving is compared to the Red Sea? Is it better?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dream comming through

Can't compare the diving to the Red Sea but the diving is great, probably one of the top 10 places in the world. I completed my advanced course there last year with Divetech and I would recommend them highly.

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dream comming through

Just wanted to congratulate you on your trip! You will love Grand Cayman! Stingray City is so much fun!

Summer

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,164 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dream comming through

I will look at Divetech - I have about 50 dives, but have never completed my advanced - I think I will do that down there :)

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,757 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dream comming through

I dive with Danny with Off The Wall Divers every year. He is a small operater, only takes max of 8 to 10 divers (depending which boat). He's great and I love that it's so few divers. Go to Sting Ray City where it's 14 ft deep not the sand bar. Much better and no cruise ship crowds.

You can check out Danny at www.otwdivers.com

Have fun!!!

Carol

5. Re: Dream comming through

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 15:15