We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which condo to stay at?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
75 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Which condo to stay at?

Hi all,

I am bringing the family to Grand Cayman in June and am looking to stay in a condo. Am considering the discovery Point Club, the Christopher Columbus or Plantana. Any recommendations are appreciated. They all look so nice it is hard to choose. I have never stayed in a condo before.

PA
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which condo to stay at?

Plantana would be my choice simply b/c of the stretch of beach it's located. This part of 7Mile Beach, IMO is the best b/c it's wide,quite beautiful, and has activity (people,1 or 2 resorts resorts, water sports). Plantana is close to stores,restaurants,etc.

You have the best of both worlds....Activity and relaxation ..

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,876 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which condo to stay at?

Condos are the way to go in Cayman! Have you compared your choices at caymanvacations.com. It gives a pretty good overview! Good luck.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,215 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which condo to stay at?

We have stayed at Discovery Point 3 times and like it very much. The only negative thing is the entry into the ocean is a little difficult (rocky). The entry at C.C. is easier, but we will continue to stay a D.P. The snorkeling is very good, and we like that it is a small complex, all the units are oceanfront, most days there are only a few couples (families) on the beach so you never have to worry about getting a chair or shaded area.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,722 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which condo to stay at?

overall, if sandy beach with easy entry to water a priority, Plantana your best bet followed by Christopher Columbus. Before making your decision, suggest you also look into some of the central SMB condos (caymanvacations.com has excellent info with prices, pictures, descriptions, specials available) which ALL have sandy beaches, easy water entry, and are also within easy walking distance to grocery store & a variety of shops and restaurants.

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which condo to stay at?

I was asking the same question a few weeks ago. We've been to Cayman before and I definitely think the beach at Plantana is the best.

Also, I've seen the grounds at Plantana, so we ended up booking there. Another plus for me is that it's right across from Eats, which I love for breakfast. CC condos looked good to us also--I don't think you could go wrong with either!

Summer

PA
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which condo to stay at?

EATS --- I couldn't remember the name of this restaurant. I love the burgers, fries, etc. This is the place w/ a statue of Elvis outside, correct? Thanks Summer........

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,215 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which condo to stay at?

I thought it was a statue of Betty Boop! :)

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,108 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which condo to stay at?

Same place but they redecorated after Ivan, less funky rock n roll and more sedate. I haven't seen Elvis there since then but it is still a popular place.

PA
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Which condo to stay at?

So you're telling me, Elvis has left the "outside of" the building.

apw
TUL
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which condo to stay at?

We stayed at Discovery Point Club last June. We really enjoyed the screened in porch, and the hot tub! (2 things the CC do not have) Next door at the Christopher Columbus, the living rooms are smaller, but you can get a 2 bed + den for less money than next door. My kids were 11 and 13 when we went, and having a ground floor unit was fabulous!! I had never stayed in a condo before either, but it was the best!! The pool is also right on the beach, and we enjoyed that a lot as well. Having the screened in porch was great with the kids, because we could leave a lot of our beach stuff out there. I know at certain times of the year, the mosquitos are bad, so screens are a must. Cayman is wonderful for families, because it is very clean, and safe. I have traveled all over the Carribean, and Cayman is now my favorite. Enjoy your trip, it will be wonderful, Angela

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach
Recent Conversations