We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin or Marriott

Chandler, AZ
Level Contributor
658 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Westin or Marriott

I will be using points for a five night stay in the Cayman Islands. I have to decide between the Westin and the Marriott. Which hotel is nicer? Which hotel has a better beach area? Thx, Scott

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Westin or Marriott

we have booked the Marriot for this summer, the Westin is a lot more expensive so it ought to be a lot better.

The cheapest room at the westin is 286 and this is excluding breakfast and any other meals.

Furthermore this rate cannot be changed and has to be fully prepaid.

We have booked a family package at Marriot for 230$ including breakfast, Pizza and sodas for one night end turndown service every night with milk and cookies.

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Westin or Marriott

If you're a Starwood Preferred Guests member (Westin, Sheraton, W chain) you can get 50% off of the rack rate at Westin for up to 5 nights for only 1,000 points. It's something to think about as compared to using thousands of points. I booked am Island view room for $170/night in June. You can book Oceanview also for a bit more. Last time I boked an Islandview, we were upgraded for free to an Oceanview on arrival, so am hoping this year will be the same. If not, I'll just pay the difference when we get there.

That being sad, we're staying 5 nights at Plantana condos (2 doors down from Westin), then just staying at Westin the last 2 nights.

Plantana has a "Stay 5, Pay for 4" special, which makes our 2 bedroom condo just $240/night. A 1 bedroom condo would be even less.

The Westin is a really nice hotel and the beach is the best on 7mb, so I would choose it over the Marriott.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Westin or Marriott

wow I didn´t know this. I know we have quite a few points, I will look into it

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,071 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Westin or Marriott

If you look on sites like gocayman.ky, thereef.blogspot.com, caymanairways, etc., you might find lots of specials. Always worth taking a look!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Westin or Marriott

I think I will transfer our booking to the Westin, we have plenty of points for getting the 50% discount

I love TA - lots of great advise

AKK
New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Westin or Marriott

I agree that the rooms at the Westin, and the Resort are OK, not great. But for $170 per night, you can't complain. My friend paid over $600 per night for Christmas week and it was definately not worth it. It is not one of the better Westins, but the weather and beach are great.

17. Re: Westin or Marriott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 05:29
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach
Recent Conversations