We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Cayman in Mid October - Are most things open?

birmingham, mi
Level Contributor
136 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Cayman in Mid October - Are most things open?

I know this is off season- and I know that there will be fewer people- but are most restaurants/ attractions still open ? I will be at the Coral Stone Thanks

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,447 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Cayman in Mid October - Are most things open?

oh yes, everything will be open...just less busy than during busier times of the year! we actually go annually in March (high season) but also often do a bonus trip during mid-Octobner or early November and always totally enjoy it then too. Sea water is warmer and never have to make dinner reservations in advance:)

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Cayman in Mid October - Are most things open?

Everything will be open. The only thing that might affect you a bit is the weather as October is typically a rainy month (usually the last week).

washington d.c
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Cayman in Mid October - Are most things open?

I am going last week of October and i was worried about the rain =( My reservations etc. are able to be canceled up until 3 days prior to arrival so i was going to check the weather then. If it rains is it normally periods of rain or reainy ALL day long. If i have no sun at all the 4 days i am there i dont think i could bare to go = (

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Cayman in Mid October - Are most things open?

During October, you have to check, not the Cayman weather forecast, but the satellite picture for the Caribbean. If there is a big red blob (scientific term) heading toward the islands, chances are rain will be more than a passing afternoon shower. If not, you will be fine.

5. Re: Grand Cayman in Mid October - Are most things open?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach