We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chef John BBQ

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
689 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Chef John BBQ

I read about this on the forum, but can't find it again. Is this still around? And would it be good for takeout, since my 5 year old doesn't eat pizza?

Thanks

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
6,107 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chef John BBQ

if your son doesn't eat pizza, there are many other options on GC for good, decent, inexpensive food. Aside from what Foster's offers (both take out and buy and prepare yourself), ChickenChicken (I think in West Bay Shopping Center), a good Chinese restaurant in Strand Shopping Center, Lone Star, Cimbocco, Coconut Joe's, Casanova all have many items kids like...as do most restaurants on the island:) Even the pickiest of eaters (and we have more than our share of all ages in this family!) have no problem eating well and happily on Grand Cayman:) Worry NOT!!!

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Providence, RI
Level Contributor
689 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chef John BBQ

I am not worried, just trying to be prepared, in order to avoid child meltdowns/grandfather tempers. I think I will let my mother manage the rest! I am very ready for some warm sun as New England settles into winter mode.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
6,107 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chef John BBQ

when at all concerned about dining at a restaurant with our little one, we prepare a little snack beforehand in the condo, put it in a small plastic container, and tote it along with us to the restaurant.

she happens to love vegetables and plain pasta with just a bit of olive oil or butter...easy to prepare and have ready for her enjoyment when seated and waiting to place orders & be served. Small sandwich cut into 4 triangles along with little baggie of Goldfish crackers is another non-messy, easy choice to bring along to a restaurant and the restaurant owners and managers have no objection!

emeraldisle,nc
Level Contributor
159 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chef John BBQ

Chef John cooks in the Public Beach parking lot next to Harbour Heights on Fridays and Saturdays. He puts up a "sandwich" board next to the road to advertise. He has either ribs or chicken or a combo...served with slaw, potato salad, rice and beans and a small ear of corn. Usually starts serving 5:30 to 6:00 ..we always make sure we visit him. He is a great character also!!!! He is great to listen to.

We are going down the 5th so if it is any different I will post it.

Enjoy.

Eats and Sunshine Suites offer very economical food ,very easy menus.

Mentioned in this post
Harbour Heights
Harbour Heights
180 Reviews
Grand Cayman
5. Re: Chef John BBQ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 11:24
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach