We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grandview, Plantana or Aqua Bay Club?

Northern Virginia...
Level Contributor
326 posts
Save Topic
Grandview, Plantana or Aqua Bay Club?

Looking for beautiful calm beach for small children. A nice clean pool and rooms and close proximity to walk to bars, restaurants, activities. Which of these fits the bill best? I have quotes from each of them and the dates are available. I would love to stay at something more central like the Meridian but they are just too expensive.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,837 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grandview, Plantana or Aqua Bay Club?

Given your preferences, Plantana would be the best of the three. It has a great beach and water entry, small but clean pool and you can walk to some restaurants. The grocery store is a bit of a walk and I would recommend a rental car, if you have one, or a taxi for grocery shopping. Grandview might not have the beach you want and you can't walk to much from Aqua Bay.

PA
Level Contributor
1,894 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grandview, Plantana or Aqua Bay Club?

I second Plantana......Great part of 7MB

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grandview, Plantana or Aqua Bay Club?

I 3rd Plantana. The beach will be best at Plantana and you are a short walk to teh Westin.

Long Island
Level Contributor
215 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grandview, Plantana or Aqua Bay Club?

Grandview will not have the beach you want for the kids. The iron shore entry is tough on adults even. We are at SMB now and are going to check our Plantana for our next visit.

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grandview, Plantana or Aqua Bay Club?

We've stayed at Aqua Bay and Plantana. Loved the condos at both, but Plantana definitely has the best beach. Aqua Bay's beach is too rocky for children and me, too! Plantana is super convenient to the beach and Eat's restaurant is just a short walk waway if you don't have a car.

I, too would choose Meridian if they weren't so pricey!

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grandview, Plantana or Aqua Bay Club?

To get EVERYTHING on your list you really do need to stay in the central SMB area. Of the 3 places you mention, Plantana better than the others, but last week there was quite a bit of rough coral entering the water in front of Plantana and there was also quite a steep slope to the sand there going from beach to water's edge. If you can forego a pool, Villas of the Galleon will definitely meet your wants and needs!

7. Re: Grandview, Plantana or Aqua Bay Club?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 23:20