We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LIve music

NY-NJ
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
LIve music

I want to thank everyone for their help on this topic.

Another question came up after reading one of the responses.

How much of a disadvantage will it be to be in Grand Cayman and SMB during the week of Nov 28 - Dec.5?

Will the entertainment stop because people working in the tourist industry go off island?

I really would hate to be there the wrong week but that week worked into my schedule the best.

Do you recommend changing the week I go?

Thanks again.

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,261 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: LIve music

I don't think it will be a problem. Much different than going during hurricane season. Thanksgiving week is the beginning of the busy season, even though the high season rates don't kick in until 12/15.

NY-NJ
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LIve music

This forum is great!

Thanks so much.

I have a question about parking in Georgetown.

Do you park in the streets or are there parking lots for shopping and dining?

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,511 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LIve music

In GT proper, there are parking lots and many are free with validation from an adjacent business. Shops and restaurants on West Bay road usually have their own lots.

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
177 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LIve music

Hey, Georgetown parking is not easy!

True, you can park say in lot for Cassanova's if eating there, but even locals find a spot difficult.

I cruise town once looking for open spot if lucky say in front of Subways. If no spots, may go to lot behind Harbour Place, shop Harbour place, and venture on. (Beware of several one ways, stay on the left, and drive slowly)...no problem!

Grand Cayman...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
603 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LIve music

Probably the easiest and most convenient place to park downtown George Town is the parking lot behind Bayshore Mall, provided that you're going to shop in that mall - which is a good one anyway as it contains many of the Kirk's duty free shops, Haagen-Dazs ice cream shop, Cayman Critters and the historic 18th-century stepwell, Pepino's Pizza (and lots of other Italian delicacies), and other stores. There are usually spare parking spaces. Just be sure to take your parking ticket to get it validated when you're shopping in a store there, otherwise there's a charge for the parking.

Next door to Bayshore Mall is Hard Rock Cafe, the National Museum (hopefully reopening soon!), Atlantis Submarine (across the street), and a short walk to the south is the craft market, Guy Harvey's etc. And by the way you can wave to friends and family back home via the webcam mounted near the Stingray Fountain in front of the mall:

www.caycompass.com/webcam/bayshore.shtml

Grand Cayman...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
603 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LIve music

carib66: I'm curious as to why you're concerned that people working in the tourist and/or entertainment industry in Cayman will go off island during the week Nov 28 - Dec.5 (2009). What's going to be happening that week, that you're thinking will cause them to leave?

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
177 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LIve music

Also, one of Cayman's best and most popular shopping experiences (for over 21 yrs.) is just one mile south of Georgetown, Pure Art Gallery and Gifts on South Church St.. Lots of parking, and in Nov./Dec. especially well stocked for holiday shopping as well as fun Cayman collectables (including Caymanite jewelry, handwoven Thatch bags, original Cayman art, jams, soaps/lotions, prints, post cards, souvenirs of taste).

8. Re: LIve music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach