We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aqua Bay or Christopher Columbus?

St. Louis
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Aqua Bay or Christopher Columbus?

We will be traveling in June of next year with a party of 6. I think I've narrowed our choices to Aqua Bay Club or Christopher Columbus. Which is the better complex? Is one location on SMB better than the other? Or is there another complex in the $350/night range in a better area than the two I mentioned? This is our first visit to GC and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Aqua Bay Club
Aqua Bay Club
220 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aqua Bay or Christopher Columbus?

With a party of 6 you will be better off at Christopher Columbus, which has some 3 bedroom units. The complex is very nice, directly on the beach, the beach is wide and soft with a sandy, easy water entry and lots of palapa huts for shade. You will need a rental car to get to restaurants, etc. but most are only 10 minutes away. There is a large and well stocked grocery store 5 minutes away by car. Aqua Bay is also nice, not far from Christopher Columbus, the water entry is usually OK with some small rocky areas.

Mentioned in this post
chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,111 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aqua Bay or Christopher Columbus?

Aqua Bay has screened porches that I like. Christopher columbus does not. Anchorage has some nice units with 2 bedrooms and a den which can close off so there are essentially 3 bedrooms--It is next door to CC and has nice screened porches--nice beach too. Anchorage would fall in your price range. Friends of ours stayed there and we thought the units were nice.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aqua Bay or Christopher Columbus?

Can't comment on the difference between the two properties but wanted to add that usually starting June 1, most if not all of the properties start some type of promotion. Some offer a free day or reduced prices. It won't hurt to inquire at a few places directly to see if they have the prices figured out. If you haven't already, take a look at caymanvacations.com where the specials are still listed for June to get an idea.

4. Re: Aqua Bay or Christopher Columbus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2010, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach