We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Husband Wife and kids age 8,5,3

Ann Arbor, MI
Level Contributor
28 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Husband Wife and kids age 8,5,3

Wife and I stayed last year by ourselves at Westin.

Want to go back with family.

Recommendations?

Friend has stayed at Regal Beach Club and recommended because next to Marriott, decent units, decent pool, decent price. Is the beach too small there?

Can we all stay in one hotel room? I know not the most comfortable, but would the hotels (Westin, Ritz, or Marriott) give us a hard time if we tried to all fit in one room?

Thanks

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,092 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Husband Wife and kids age 8,5,3

I can't imagine 5 people in one room, whether the hotel would allow it or not, when you can rent a full sized 2 or 3 bedroom condo for about the same cost. Also, you would be paying hotel or restaurant rices for everything your family of 5 will consume, and it can add up considerably. You can stock your condo with have snacks, light meals and beverages and save quite a bit. Regal Beach Club is very nice with a big enough beach and nice units. My only caution is that it is nearing the southern end of Seven Mile Beach which becomes smaller and rockier as you head south.

Check condo options at caymanvacations.com and see what would be a good fit for your budget and needs. Consider a ground floor unit for easy access to and from the beach.

Texas
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Husband Wife and kids age 8,5,3

Kiddos is absolutely right. A condo will be much more enjoyable for every one. Look over the website he mentioned. Christopher Columbus is priced good and has a great beach as well.......enjoy your trip.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,186 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Husband Wife and kids age 8,5,3

I agree, A condo is the way to go with 3 kids. CC is a nice complex with pool, large beach and easy access to the ocean. Also plenty of chairs and shaded areas. We have stayed 3 times at Discover Point next door and love it, but entry to water is a bit difficult (large rocks at waters edge). But you need a car if staying on North end of SMB.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,810 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Husband Wife and kids age 8,5,3

I would rather shoot myself than go on holiday in anywhere in the Carib (where hotel rooms tend to be smaller than some other locations) with anything more than an infant. If you look into the condos you may be pleasantly surprised. Full kitchen, couple of bathrooms, many with washer/dryer which is wonderful travelling with a family especially in this day of limited luggage weight. There are condos to fit every budget. Check out caymanvacations.com, caymanvacation.com and cicondos.com and come back with questions. Depending on the time of year also check out caymanislands.ky and check on any specials. There are often specials listed on the Cayman Airways pages as well. During the summer months they run a Summer Splash which appears to be a great deal with young kids. Good luck!

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Husband Wife and kids age 8,5,3

Yes, you can stay in one hotel room with 3 children that age--there isn't a charge for under 16(double check on the age ias it may be 12). As for Regal Beach Club, friends stay there every year and love it. The beach comes and goes so no way to know if it'll be large when you're there but even during it's minimal period, our friends still enjoyed their stay.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Husband Wife and kids age 8,5,3

I would agree with most everyone. If you can't do 2 rooms or a large suite look at the condo/villa option.

B.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Husband Wife and kids age 8,5,3

Can anyone tell me what condos would be closest to the Westin? My husband has a conference there. thanks

8. Re: Husband Wife and kids age 8,5,3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 December 2009, 23:11
Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,762 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Husband Wife and kids age 8,5,3

Villas of the Galleon and Plantana are the closest, with Coral Stone Club and the Avalon also close by.

Cayman Vacations provides a map with many of the condos and there location on SMB:

caymanvacations.com/grand-cayman-rental-cond…

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Husband Wife and kids age 8,5,3

We stayed at Villas of Galleon and loved it. There is no pool though, so factor that in when making your decision. As you'll see on the map it's right inbetween Westin and Ritz (beach is beautiful and not crowded at all). Plantana is close to the Westin, maybe another minute walk or so.

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach