We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo choice

N.J.
Level Contributor
437 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Condo choice

I'm thinking of staying with my family in a three bedrrom condo instead of a hotel. The three that i'm looking at are The Coralstone Club,The Beachcomber and The Meridian. They all look very nice and roomy inside but was wondering if anyone thinks one is better and why. Location is important so my older boys can walk to hotels or stores. Thanks

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,822 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo choice

They are all very nice and in the same general location. Coralstone is the oldest property of the 3 but by no means less than perfect. It is a 3 story upscale and renovated property next to the Ritz Carlton. Both Meridian and Beachcomber are newer, taller properties, the Beachcomber opened only last year to rave reviews. They are all on the same beautiful stretch of beach and within walking distance to the same restaurants, etc. I would say you couldn't go wrong with any of them.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo choice

For location, go to www.caymanvacations.com and look at the condo map of central 7mb.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,822 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo choice

I also should also have mentioned that you will be soooo much more comfortable in a mulit bath/bedroom condo than in a hotel. Don't give the condo option a second thought, just go for it! You'll be hooked.

N.J.
Level Contributor
437 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo choice

Thanks for your responses. I just came across the Caribbean Club as well and was wondering how this place compares with the others. It's alot more expensive and i am wondering why.

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Condo choice

Caribbean Club is the newest. Very upscale and has a restaurant (Luca) onsite.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Condo choice

I've stayed at Coralstone Club, Meridian and Caribbean Club. In a nutshell, Caribbean Club is a step above the others in regards to furnishings, decor and size. There is valet parking as well as room service. With price ranges it depends on when you're going and which unit you pick. The tower units are set further back than oceanfront/oceanview villas and cost a bit less. They, too run specials so don't hesitate to email them directly for pricing--their website isn't updated. As Sue mentioned, Luca is an onsite restaurant.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Condo choice

I'm sure all are very nice and it probably comes down (for many) what you are comfortable spending. As mentioned, I would contact all of them directly and see if they can possibly come down in price.

Texas
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Condo choice

The beach farthest away from Georgetown is better with less "ironshore". Stay away from Georgetown when the cruise ships are in. Otherwise, Georgetown is very nice. You can probably get a cruise ship schedule from the net looking up something like Cayman harbormaster etc etc. As every one is saying, the condo on 7mb is the way to go........enjoy your trip.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Condo choice

Which of these condos would be closest to the Westin?

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,822 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Condo choice

I guess that Vilas of the Galleon would be "closest" because it is right next door to the Westin but any already mentioned and located in the central section of Seven Mile Beach are within easy walking distance. Plantana is another nice property that is a 5 minute walk South to the Westin.