We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Cayman 7 mile beach condos

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Grand Cayman 7 mile beach condos

I heard that the Meridian Condominiums were new condos, now open on 7 mile beach in Grand Cayman. Does anyone know anything about them, as well as how they compare to The Avalon or The Coralstone Club. We are planning on doing our family vacation in Cayman next June, and have never been to Cayman before, so I would appreciate any first hand reports you can give me. Thanks.

Rhonda

Richardson, TX

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,802 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Cayman 7 mile beach condos

The Meridian Condos look gorgeous and they are in a good part of 7 mile beach. Go to caymanvacations.com for pictures.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Cayman 7 mile beach condos

Hi. Our group had stayed at Coralstone Club prior to Ivan. It still hasn't reopened or we may have chosen to return there in January. Instead we're opting for the Meridian which is only a few doors down. Both are more centrally located. Also Coralstone had raised their prices for high season quite a bit from our Jan 04 trip so we figured we'd take the opportunity to try another place as we rent 2 condos. Avalon is a beautiful place but a bit further(for us) than we wanted to stay for teens walking to/from places.

The layouts of all 3 places are either identical or very close as they were designed by the same builder(hopefully that is accurate and I'm not getting confused). Coralstone had tennis courts whereas Meridian doesn't. Caymanvacations now has pictures of the interior of Meridian.

Best of luck deciding.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Cayman 7 mile beach condos

Filter14,

Thanks so much for your reply. We also have teens and will want them to be able to walk to stores and/or shops, so convenience is important. I hope you have a great experience at the Meridian. Please post again after your trip! Thanks again.

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
18 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Cayman 7 mile beach condos

Go to www.meridian.ky for photos of each individual villa.

There is construction by villas, 6,12,19,25 and 30. They are offering 2 nights free if you book a construction side villa.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Cayman 7 mile beach condos

Manager, is the 2 free nights if you book directly with the Meridian? I noticed that caymanvacations no longer has that offer listed. Also, any idea on how long the 2 free nights for those units will be in effect? Thanks.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Cayman 7 mile beach condos

we stayed at Meridian from 3/15-3/25 this year. Unit was adjacent to construction, but our discount was not for 2 free nights. Be that as it was, we did totally enjoy our stay as the units are awesome, location best of the best! we are "early risers" thus construction that begins at 7 AM not so much a bother for us and during daytime spent on the beach, minimally bothersome:) Avalon, Coralstone also very nice & no construction noise...Coralstone more conveniently located within within easy walking distance to grocery store, restaurants than Avalon, but you cannot go wrong with these properties either!

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Cayman 7 mile beach condos

As this is an older post, just wanted to update that we did stay at Coralstone in January and did experience construction noise from Water's Edge. Not unbearable but may be irritating for another person.

Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
259 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Cayman 7 mile beach condos

The Coral Stone Club has reopened, and is very nice. The beach there is terrific, and less crowded than the Ritz. The Avalon, is and has always been a favourite of mine. I like the location because it is away from the very busy part of SMB. If you're concrned about kids they can take the bus from across the street for $2 one way and get into town or to other properties very easily.

The Avalon is within walking distance of Calico Jack's a beach bar with water activities very popular with the young crowd. They can also take the bus to the Cemetery Beach about two miles down the road towards West Bay, where the snorkling is very good.

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
18 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Cayman 7 mile beach condos

You can book with the 2 nights free until the beachcomber construction is over. Can book them directly by going to www.meridian.ky

or emailing pat@meridian.ky or lee@meridian.ky

Level Contributor
966 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Cayman 7 mile beach condos

We stayed at the Meridian last November and went again this March on a cruise ship visit. Lovely resort - gorgeous gorgeous rooms ....... however, be aware that construction is going on on both sides of the resort (a house on one side, condos on the other) ....... beeping and hammering go on REGULARLY you can hear both in your room as well as when you are laying in the pool or beach ....... we still had a great time, but the almost constant noise did take away a little.........

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach
Recent Conversations