We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antica Gelato

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,657 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Antica Gelato

Does anyone know if Antica Gelateria is closed forever? We were there in the winter and it wasn't open. We drove all the way over from the other side of the island and were so disappointed. I loved their Gelato!

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antica Gelato

Closed until further notice. I think it means it's done ;)

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,312 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antica Gelato

A year ago during late March it was not open at all during our 10 day stay...we stay nearby and checked everyday only to be disappointed each time:(

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
37 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antica Gelato

Nooooo! It's so good! It was open when I was there last March, at least until the 23rd which was the last day I was there...

Edited: 18 March 2010, 13:00
Illinois City...
Level Contributor
270 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Antica Gelato

We were also there during December and checked it out a couple of times and it was closed. SO....when we were just there last week, we drove by to check it out again....CLOSED. If it has been closed from Dec-Mar, my guess is that it is closed for good. ;-(

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Antica Gelato

It's sad to see some of these places go---but hopefully something similar will open. There's Hagen Dazs but alas it's not the same is it? And didn't something else in the frozen confection them open elsewhere? I'm still not over Ottmar's closing or Lantana's for that matter :(

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
270 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Antica Gelato

Filter14...we still talk about Smuggler's Cove. ;-)

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,261 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Antica Gelato

We miss the Crow's Nest!

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,657 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Antica Gelato

Anyone remember the Yorkshire Pudding? Our kids used to love it!

9. Re: Antica Gelato

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach