We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carribean Club Condos

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
496 posts
Save Topic
Carribean Club Condos

Has anyone stayed at the CC in a Pool View Villa? Danielle the manager tells me that you can also see a view of 7 Mile Beach but more at an angle?? They do not have any actual ocean front rooms available and I just want to make sure that we could see the ocean. I have been torn between CC and the Beachcomber but based on all the reviews I think we would like to book the CC.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,556 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carribean Club Condos

Caribbean Club is lovely (have not stayed there but have stayed at Meridian); if your heart is set on full ocean view, you will get that from any condo at Beachcomber (also outstanding); if your heart is totally set on Caribbean Club your won't be that upset without an oceanfront unit. They are near each other, with just a private residence (Turtle Run...you will be amazed when you see it!) and Meridian between Beachcomber and CC.

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carribean Club Condos

I stayed in a pool view villa. It's very nice, but has a limited view, basically from the screened porch (where we ate breakfast every day). We didn't spend much time inside, though, and frankly with kids it was far superior. Easy in and out, as compared to the tower with the lobby elevator.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
496 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Carribean Club Condos

Based on all the rave reviews for CC and their management, I booked at the CC for this summer. I will be honest, at this point I am less than thrilled at the response I have gotten from their manager. She was fine when I booked but not she will not return my phone call (I personally spoke with her) and she said she would call me back within 30 minutes which she didn't so I followed up with a email and still no response (that was 2 days ago). I just have a few questions for her. I am soooo close to cancelling and booking elsewhere. Am I asking for too much??

If anyone could offer any advise I would greatly appreciate it!

Edited: 03 April 2010, 12:39
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,556 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carribean Club Condos

Please be understanding as yesterday was Good Friday, this is Easter Weekend, and people of Grand Cayman are religious! Easter very important religious holiday and Easter weekend extends thru Easter Monday.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carribean Club Condos

I'm a Caribbean Club fan so I mention that up front :)

I think LoveC was accurate in possible reason for not receiving response even if by email and not phone. I can only speak to my experience but when needed a response from there, always got it very quickly. I know it doesn't help you but wanted you not to think it may be a personal slight from them or the way business is usually done(based on my experience).

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carribean Club Condos

AND if there's a generic question that I can help with, please ask. I've stayed there 4x.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
496 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Carribean Club Condos

Thank you filter. I had also emailed earlier in the week asking if we got there before check in at 4:00 - could we leave our luggage at the front office. It makes a difference in the flight options we might take, but I didn't get a response back. Would you know the answer to this??

We also discovered that it would be much cheaper to fly out on Sunday vs. Saturday (current reservations are Saturday - Friday). I called to ask her if we could possibly change our reservations by one day - she said she would call me back which didn't happen so then I followed up with a email. I just need to know whether to book our flights going out on Saturday or Sunday and I'm kind of in limbo right now.

I'm sure you are right but just a little frustrated as this is our first trip to the Cayman's. I will wait and see if I get a response by the first of week. Thank you again for your input!

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carribean Club Condos

Provided there are no guests in the condo before you, the arrival time doesn't matter. If there are guests they do need a few hours to clean up the unit. We've arrived before 4pm each time and only once ran into having to leave our bags(which were brought up later) and allowed to sit in another unit. Obviously I don't know if that would be available for you based on whether another unit is open to use.

The bigger issue is whether you can move the reso back a day so it's absolutely important that you get a reply. Did you resend the email? As odd as it sounds, it could also be a matter of it having been 'down' or 'lost'. I don't think you need to send a dozen LOL but a second one doesn't hurt and stressed the importance of a reply. I hope you hear something soon :)

I'll PM you another person's email from there just in case Danielle is away.

Edited: 03 April 2010, 17:18
Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
496 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Carribean Club Condos

No I didn't resend the email, I was afraid of making her mad by bugging her too much LOL. Thanks for the PM, I responded.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Carribean Club Condos

Did you resolve the situation to your liking?

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach
Recent Conversations