We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few inquiries on Caribbean Club...

boston
Level Contributor
96 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
A few inquiries on Caribbean Club...

Does the Caribbean Club have a poolside bar or do you have to go to your room's fridge to get something to drink? It doesn't seem clear on the website what poolside amenities there are.. I really don't like going back to a room to get a drink. And is Luca the kind of restaurant that you can eat lunch at too or is it more of dinner place? The place sounds great but I am confused as to whether it is a hotel or a condo. Can anyone who has been there clarify exactly how much service is available to those who stay there? Lastly, about the pool. Is it small or big? And can anyone speak to whether there are lots of young children at this place? Since it has the 3 bedroom concept, I would imagine that there would be lots of little ones around. Thanks..

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few inquiries on Caribbean Club...

Luca offers a lunch menu with things like hamburgers and salad. There is a separate dinner menu. There are tables both inside and outside of Luca on the patio area above the pool area. The bar is inside of Luca. You can take a drink to the pool or beach area but it's requested no cups/glasses be taken into the pool. We've gone in January and August and haven't had an issue with young children. Yes they do bring toys to the pool but that will happen at every place on the island unless you get your own place w/private pool. It's one of the reasons we like Caribbean Club's pool--it's very large so even if there are children playing/splashing, we can be in there at the same time and not be annoyed(might be a nicer word LOL).

My children are over 21 and prefer the pool area over the past places we've stayed at along SMB because the deck area is also large so they can sun right there. Also, most of the places are 3 bedroom units so it's not a deciding factor on whether families choose to stay there. Caribbean Club offers during most times of the year an option to rent 1,2 or all 3 of the bedrooms but you get to use the WHOLE 3 bedroom condo. It's not a lockoff type place. It's considered a hotel because restaurant's on site, room service, 24 hrs concierge, grocery delivery, valet parking and 7 day maid service plus turn down. Guess I don't have to type out the ad ;)

boston
Level Contributor
96 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few inquiries on Caribbean Club...

Thanks for the answers... If we wanted access to a spa, what place would you recommend? The Ritz? And lastly, what dive operations would you recommend? Thanks so much, Dianne

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few inquiries on Caribbean Club...

I haven't used a spa on the island nor do I dive. When my husband did dive he used Red Sail which was mainly bc we were staying at the Westin. You may want to do another post and ask about those specifically or else do a search on here. I know spas and especially dive operations are discussed frequently.

If I were to go to a spa, I'd check out what's at Westin, Ritz and even GC Beachsuites. I'd see what is offered and pricing then take it from there. There is also a mobile spa if I recall correctly---if you do choose Caribbean Club be sure to ask Danielle for recommendations as she may also just book it for you.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few inquiries on Caribbean Club...

http://www.spatogo.ky/index.htm

http://www.bodyworkscayman.com/

Of course the main 3 hotels have their own spas too as do smaller establishments on the island. At least you'll have an idea of pricing and offerings to compare.

Edited: 08 July 2010, 20:09
Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
496 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A few inquiries on Caribbean Club...

I just wanted to chime in on how great the Caribbean Club is. We just stayed there in June and it was beyond our expectations. So big and roomy, absolutely all the comforts of home. Love the pool especially that it was so close to the beach. The most relaxing vacation we have ever done, CC was top notch.

Luca was great too, we did not eat in the restaurant but did do room service our first night there. Hamburgers are not normally on their dinner menu but my 11 year wanted one, they were so nice and did a hamburger and french fries for him. The food was great.

You really can't go wrong with the CC!

boston
Level Contributor
96 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A few inquiries on Caribbean Club...

There are so many great comments out there about Caribbean Club but my only concern is that my whole family will be off doing the scuba thing and I would like to do spa and pool. CC doesn't have a spa and is there enough going on there? What do you think?

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A few inquiries on Caribbean Club...

If you'd prefer to stay at a place with a spa you're probably limiting yourself to the hotels. That's fine if it fits your wish list. I've stayed at Westin in the past and enjoyed it. I'm sure the Ritz would be great considering your wish list is spa and lounging by the pool--for me downside to Ritz is the beach chairs lined up but plenty of people have stayed there happily. I'm usually at the pool alone bc some golf, some prefer the beach and some may be off doing other activities. I've felt perfectly fine being there alone but I'm not there for activities other than to sit in or near the pool and read my Kindle. There aren't any games or waitstaff at the pool. Actually there aren't any set activities planned at all. If I were to use a spa, I'd just walk over to the place.

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,386 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: A few inquiries on Caribbean Club...

Spa that comes to you:

http://www.spatogo.ky/

caymanbeachgirl
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: A few inquiries on Caribbean Club...

www.360cities.net

type in Grand Cayman and you can have a look at the beach of the Caribbean Club and Seven Mile Beach.

Try not to get dizzy!

10. Re: A few inquiries on Caribbean Club...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach
Recent Conversations