We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodations for family with teens christmas

Ellicott City
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
accomodations for family with teens christmas

We are a family of 5 with 2 college students and a sophomore in high school. My children enjoy meeting other teens and enjoy an active beach. My oldest college student is 21 and is hoping to meet someone/group to go into town with at night. It seems like a hotel atmosphere might be best because teens usually hang out around the hot tub at night, but staying at a condo would be more economical. Whether a hotel or condo, we will need two rooms/bedrooms. We are considering the Westin and Marriott as well as the Regal Beach condos because of their proximity to town and restaurants. Do you think these are good choices for us? Also, I know at large hotels during Christmas fighting for chairs is common. Is this the case at the hotels I mentioned? If we stay at the Regal condo, will we have access to some of the hotel ammenities/acitivities that take place on the hotel premises such as music etc. ?

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accomodations for family with teens christmas

Of your choices, I'd go with Regal Beach. You'd have the convenience and extra room of a condo but as you're next door to Marriott, the 'kids' could wander over there in seconds to use watersports or grab food/drink. Friends stay there yearly over the holidays and love it.

Grand Cayman
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: accomodations for family with teens christmas

Your best bet would be to stay at one of the hotels, may have a more variety of guest (more choices) there for your children to meet.

Nothing goes on in town at night all the action is on the West Bay road where all the hotels and condos are located, you will find food, night clubs, the movies etc.. for entertianment.

www.livingcayman.com

Edited: 06 August 2010, 22:15
Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accomodations for family with teens christmas

The major hotels on West Bay Road have their lobby areas, spas, restaurants, bars and any entertainment (e.g. Westin piano player) open to the public; the pools, beach facilities/equipment and other hotel amenities are for guest use only. Occupancy levels on Seven Mile Beach during the Christmas holiday are at or near peak, so anywhere along the southern and central strip would most likely be considered "active".

DE Sajidgidda can steer your eldest to the most happening and in places.

Ellicott City
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accomodations for family with teens christmas

If I were to choose to book two rooms in a hotel, how would you compare the Westin and the Marriott? How close are they to each other?

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accomodations for family with teens christmas

Westin/Marriott info: http://snipurl.com/10doik

Marriott is at the southern end on the beach and the Westin in the central area. You can see the locations on this map:

http://snipurl.com/10donr

6. Re: accomodations for family with teens christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach
Recent Conversations