We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Condo and why

Florida
Level Contributor
687 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite Condo and why

We already have a trip planned in March and are doing a splurge stay at the Ritz. However, we are recently scuba certified and plan to go to GC 4-5 times a year due to the direct flight from Tampa. We would like to find a condo that we will go to everytime. I also think this will be helpful for all the people looking for a condo to get all opinions in one post.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,398 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite Condo and why

Really this is very subjective. For instance I would consider the better condos a splurge over the RC. Unless they put me in the Residences or a private home and guaranteed they would be a half occupancy I wouldn't stay for free! Unless you are planning on buying a place, you needn't lock yourself into anything. We even tried different units with the complex we bought before we took the big step. Since then there have been many new places that have opened, which were not options for us at the time obviously. The biggest most wonderful plus for a diver is have a balcony to put your gear on and a place to really clean it (not just a rinse bucket). After that the owner's closet is heaven on earth. Look at caymanvacations.com, caymanvacation.com, etc and see what you like and come back with questions. You can have few years of experimenting and then you can let us know what the best choices were in your mind.

Florida
Level Contributor
687 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite Condo and why

I don't have any additional questions. I was just trying to take a poll and get lots of peoples favorite condo and why it's their favorite. If a lot of people respond this will be a great thread for many people looking for a condo to read about all the different complexes in one place. To us, spending $800/night at the Ritz is a splurge. We can't afford to stay at the Ritz every time we go and since this first trip is only 4 nights and we are celebrating our anniversary we thought we would treat ourselves. I'm sure anyone would stay for free if given the chance. For a week vacation, that would be a savings of $5,600.

Edited: 25 January 2011, 13:43
Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,398 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite Condo and why

I guess what I am trying to say is that everything is relative. Some of the condos go for double the $800 a night a more. Much also depends on what you like. As a visitor I prefer the central SMB area. You can walk home after dinner, drinks, whatever. The beach is the widest and sandiest. As I spend the day on a dive boat, I am really not worried about snorkeling at my doorstep anymore. The dive boats are right there. If you want shore diving you can have a short ride north or south. Back in the day we stayed a few times at a 3 bedroom in Lacovia. It was beautiful. Now however, there are much newer complexes to choose from. That said Lacovia might be a little easier on the pocket book. If I didn't go out everynight, I might not care about being in the thick of things. I have a place at Britannia on the canal. I love it. It is so peaceful and quiet and within the walking distance we wanted. Many of the residents live on the island. The pool, hot tub etc., are usually totally empty except for a big iguana who first has a swim in the pool and then does a couple of circles in the tub!! Hope this helps.

caymanbeachgirl
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite Condo and why

As you know there are many different places on Seven Mile Beach. The most expensive part of Seven Mile Beach is the Central Seven Mile Beach:

Central>

Avalon

Plantana

Villas of the Galleon

Coralstone Club

Beachcomber, is the newest 1 year

Meridian, 4 years

Caribbean Club, Boutique Residence Hotel , most luxury

Casa Caribe

Island Club

Lacovia

South Seven Mile Beach

Cayman Club

Regal Beach club

Tamarind Bay

Plantation Village

Crescent Point

Treasure Island

grand view

North seven Mile Beach

Silver Sands

Aqua Bay Club

Discovery Point Club

christopher Columbus

Anchorage

London House

Renaissance

Heritage Club

Most of the above where build in the 80th, the newest buildings are the Beachcomber, Meridian and the Caribbean Club.

If you go to the website of caymanvacations you can look at all the different options and pricing, it is a really usefull site.

good luck

New Hope...
Level Contributor
731 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite Condo and why

I believe that a more comprehensive listing is already on this site. If you look at the reviews listed under specialty lodging, you will see varied opinions about the condos in Grand Cayman.

Edited: 26 January 2011, 01:36
6. Re: Favorite Condo and why

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2012, 10:19