We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going in August, seeking advice

Virginia
Level Contributor
42 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Going in August, seeking advice

Hi,

My family and I are going to the Cayman's in early August. For the past several years we have gone to the Caribbean sometime in the summer, but we've never gone to the Cayman's before, and never gone as late as August.

Anyway, we are a family of 4 (two teenage (19 and 17) boys), and are comfortable doing condo's so that is what were we are looking to stay on 7 mile beach.

We definitely like oceanfront or as a minimum ocean view, and are not looking for seclusion at all. We'll pay more for a nicer place, as long as we feel like we are getting what we paid for. A nice pool on the ocean side is a must, as our routine always includes some time at the end of the day by the pool.

Right now, we are focusing in on either the Beachcomber, the Meridian, the Coralstone Club, or, if folks think it is worth the extra money, the Caribbean Club.

Given that we are going in August, we're a bit worried that it will be too slow at the condo's for our boys, so any comments on that would be appreciated too.

Thanks in advance for any comments / recommendations you may have for us.

Bob

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,298 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Going in August, seeking advice

I guess I would choose Coralstone Club, since it next to the Ritz, and that may give your boys more options.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going in August, seeking advice

I've stayed at all 4! We usually go at that time period also with our 'kids'. Any of the places will be a good fit. And all are probably running some type of summer special so be sure to inquire with them directly. I wouldn't worry about the boys not finding something to do bc as NSSue mentioned the Ritz is next door to CoralStone Club which is just a few doors down from the other places. And the Westin or BeachSuites are within walking distance too.

My two favorites would be Caribbean Club and Coral Stone Club. With CoralStone Club I'd suggest not getting the corner units directly next to Ritz bc the building juts out a bit. For Caribbean Club, I'd go with oceanfront villa if possible or a center high floor unit in the tower.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,251 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going in August, seeking advice

Make sure to by trip insurance.

B.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Going in August, seeking advice

The Caribbean Club is unbelievable, so worth the extra $$ IMO. We stayed there last summer, I can't say enough about this resort.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
422 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going in August, seeking advice

All of the places you are considering are great and on the same part of the beach. All are walking distance to the Ritz and even the Westin, giving your sons plenty to see and do.

If I were making the decision, I'd contact all of them and see which has the best price. They all are very nice and either new, or newly renovated in the case of Coralstone Club.

Virginia
Level Contributor
42 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going in August, seeking advice

Thanks everyone for the excellent responses. Very helpful indeed.

7. Re: Going in August, seeking advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 10:23
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach