We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz vs Marriott

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
42 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Ritz vs Marriott

We are planning our vacation at Seven Mile Beach. Our choices are The Ritz and Marriott. Which one has the best location at the beach? Is it worthwhile to go to the Ritz? Could you help us? Thank you in advance.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ritz vs Marriott

Check out these threads

tripadvisor.com/…6912913

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147367-i321-k3704…

Edited: 23 May 2011, 00:34
Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
214 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ritz vs Marriott

Those are very informative threads from caymanshelly, but my quick take is opt for the Ritz - more centrally located to SMB stuff, better beach, and of course, better service. The restaurant at the Ritz (7 Prime) is truly amazing.

Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ritz vs Marriott

No comparison.If you can afford it, the Ritz is a great place to stay with a wonderful facility, nice staff and good( but expensive) restaurants.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
380 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ritz vs Marriott

the beach in front of the ritz may be the best location on smb . i would stay at the ritz. also easy walking to some shopping and dinner spots..

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ritz vs Marriott

I would not pick the RC if I was staying the building across the road. I would also keep in the mind that even in the off season, the beach in front of the hotel is the most crowded aside from those places that cater to day visitors. In addition during the passed few years both Prime and 7 at the RC close for the month of September. If I was a guest at the hotel I would be more than disappointed to find that both restaurants close for a month. I would also contend that GC is one of the friendliest island I have visited so staff throughout the island is wonderful, not only at this one hotel. I am not a fan of the RC as in my opinion it is much too big for the beachfront which is available to it. Granted so weeks are less crowded, however, having seen it almost every month of the year since it first opened it doors, it is way too much for me and the expansion of houses, etc., on the property just continues. That said I am an SMB gal and do not agree with the posts that claim the whole area is akin to Miami beach!

The Woodlands, Texas
Level Contributor
119 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ritz vs Marriott

I am staying at the Marriott right now and just happened to walk through the Ritz yesterday. If you have the money or points ....go for it, but make sure you get a room on the beach side. I would be pissed if I paid all that money and had to walk across the street to the beach.

The Marriott is great, but older, but a good value for the money/points. We are in a 1st floor ocean front room. Love it...small pool but the beach has great snorkling and great beach chairs.

Atlanta GA
Level Contributor
32 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ritz vs Marriott

I am currently at the Marriott and as a platinum member I am disappointed in this hotel. We have a ocean front JR suite @ $384 per night w/ 5th night free and breakfast and the rooms are comfortable but need a facelift. The service leaves a lt to be desired with long waits for the ONE "vacation planner". The front desk staff is friendly but often your calls go to voice mail which is an insult. If I were you I would go to the Ritz just because this Marriott maybe one of least desirable in the Carribean. I will say that I was happy with the restaurants so far

New Hope...
Level Contributor
721 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ritz vs Marriott

I believe that rfamily's post illustrates why most people who are not staying on points should consider a condo. Last week I stayed in a condo listed on VRBO in North SMB. I negotiated a rate of $276 per night with one night with one night free. No annoying hotel fees for wifi or resort fees. I stayed oceanfront and had 2 bedrooms in a modern unit. The people who work in the condo office were most helpful.

9. Re: Ritz vs Marriott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2012, 05:16