We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's the golf?

Norton...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How's the golf?

My wife is the scuba diver in the family, I'm the golfer. So, during her scuba trips, I'll be golfing. The Britannia shows an "executive" layout a few mornings per week, par 3s and 4s. Has anyone played that? The North Sound Club is about twice the cost, is it twice the golf?

Grand Cayman
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How's the golf?

Britannia no longer has the executive course. It is a 9 hole course. To play 18, you play a second set of tees. It's a tight course with lots of water and OB. The greens aren't in the greatest shape and really need to be replaced.

North Sound club is an 18 hole course. In general it is an easier course and the greens are in very good condition.

There is also a 9 hole at the Ritz, but you have to stay at the Ritz to play.

grand Cayman
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How's the golf?

play both you won't be disappointed- great tracks both of them.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How's the golf?

It's the one thing the golfers in the family find lacking on the island. Yes it's available but their opinion was north sound was being let go in terms of quality when visited this past January. This is compared to visits over the past 15 years. Brittanias issue for them is that its only 9 holes and to play the second takes too long bc it's like starting over on the back half. They'll still bring their clubs but it's no longer a daily 'must do'.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,740 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How's the golf?

My husband would agree with filter14. We usually go in May or June and after the last trip he decided that he would no longer even take his clubs. It was just too HOT!! He said if he decides he wants to play he will just rent clubs.

Maybe you should take up diving. The diving there can't be beat!

5. Re: How's the golf?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 10:16