We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Bedroom Condos

Indiana
Level Contributor
178 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
1 Bedroom Condos

I'm finding tons of 2 and 3 bedroom condos. It's just me and my wife so we want a 1 bedroom condo and won't waste the money on a 2 or 3 bedroom. We are looking a 7 mile beach. Have discovered the London House and are seriously considering it. I just feel the need to comparison shop but I'm not finding other 1 bedroom condos. Any suggestions out there in tripadvisor land?

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,837 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 Bedroom Condos

Along Seven Mile Beach, Plantana and Villas of the Galleon, both in the central section, offer a 1 bedroom unit. Both of these properties, along with London House, are very nice and have nice beaches. The biggest difference is you will need a car at London House, less so at the other 2 properties. Also, matters to some, Villas of the Galleon does not have a pool. The pool at Plantana is rather small and plain.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
598 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 Bedroom Condos

My husband and I found this 1BR condo for our upcoming trip this summer.

http://www.vrbo.com/123821

Quite affordable, great reviews, appears to be a good location, and the owner is very responsive.

Indiana
Level Contributor
178 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 Bedroom Condos

Thanks for the reply. A pool is a must (what the wife requires) so Galleon is out. Plantana looks awesome, but way more expensive than the London House. Any other suggestions that would be more inline with London House's prices?

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,837 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 Bedroom Condos

If beach size and quality are important to you, a property further north might be more appealing. The beaches at the southern end of Seven Mile Beach are not the best.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
546 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 Bedroom Condos

My husband and I also travel alone and only need a 1 bedroom, I called DPC directly and they were very nice. We are booked at the Discovery Point Club, they lock off the second bedroom and bathroom. Quite a savings, also depends on when you go. Have a great trip:)

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,837 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 Bedroom Condos

There are not many 1 bedroom units to choose from. If you don't mind needing a rental car, London House is very nice. It is in a quiet area, well maintained units and grounds and a consistently nice beach.

Indiana
Level Contributor
178 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 Bedroom Condos

Thanks everyone for the great responses. I'm now finding many 1 bedroom units at Cayman Reef Resort and Coral Sands. Any opinions on them?

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,837 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 Bedroom Condos

No beach at Coral Sands, skimpy beach at Cayman Reef, if that matters to you.

New Hope...
Level Contributor
727 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 Bedroom Condos

As kiddos said, many of the 2 bedroom condos can be rented as a one bedroom. just check with the owners on VRBO or the condo managers. You don't have to be limited to the condos you mentioned.I also favor central or north SMB as the beach is wider and less crowded. The area around Royal Palms can be crowded if there are a lot of cruise ships in port.

10. Re: 1 Bedroom Condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 23:15