We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Totally Confused!

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Totally Confused!

I really need help. I have looked at so many condos on seven mile beach and cannot decide. I need a 2 bedroom centrally located, possibly within walking distance of places, that is nice and in the $300 a night range. I have narrowed it down to Plantana, The Anchorage, Harbor Heights. Not sure exactly where these are on seven mile beach, but open for suggestions. We are taking our son that just graduated from college for a "fun" trip next month before graduate school. Your help with this would be great!! Thanks!

GC
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Totally Confused!

You can use Google Earth to get an idea of their locations.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,041 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Totally Confused!

Of the 3, Plantana is the most centrally located to restaurants, grocery and liquor stores. You can easily walk to the Westin for watersports rentals. Harbor Heights would be second, you can walk to a couple of beach bars. The Anchorage is the least centrally located and you need to drive to most anything.

Use the map function at the top of the caymangoodtaste.com website. The Seven Mile Beach map notes the locations of the condo complexes, hotels, restaurants and shopping areas.

Edited: 26 June 2012, 23:33
New Hope...
Level Contributor
737 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Totally Confused!

Don't be afraid to rent a car. This will give you more options where to stay and freedom to try more restaurants, go to more attractions and have a better time.

Of course, you will then be more confused., because it will open up more rental options for consideration,but at less than $300 per night you can't go wrong at most condo.

One thing I like to do is see pictures of the specific l condo that I am renting on the internet. All of the condos are individually owned and some are not kept up as well as others. I have found good discount when I used sites like VRBO, Homeaway and Flipkey..

Edited: 26 June 2012, 23:44
kansas
Level Contributor
176 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Totally Confused!

We are staying at Plantana in November. Also were looking for a place to stay that we could also walk to grocery, restaurants and down the beach for beach rentals. Have never stayed at Plantana but have heard great things. We went on the website looked at the different units, location, view, decorations and then read the reviews before booking. We booked online and was able to take advantage of a special for a free night. Good luck because it took us awhile to come to a decision.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
68 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Totally Confused!

I can recommend the Plantana. Centrally located and near the Westin so that if your son wants to do any type of water sport he can easily walk there. While its close enough to the hotels it's far enough to be quiet on the beach. I too would suggest a car rental.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Totally Confused!

Thank you all so much!!. We are planning to rent a car. The condo problem is just my main concern. We have rented in areas before that were not like their postings. Didn't want this to happen in Cayman, however, haven't really read any negative postings about condos. We are really excited about our adventure. You have helped narrow our search down. Thanks!!

Warwick, New York
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Totally Confused!

I'm at Plantana right now. Got here two days ago and found the unit (25) is better than expected, even after researching carefully and studying up. It's located within walking distance to a number of restaurants, which is convenient, but if you're going to have a car, that's not so critical. The property is very clean, the pool immaculate. Noticed a groundskeeper out raking the sand on the beach, rearanging chairs and tidying things up early in the morning. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

8. Re: Totally Confused!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 June 2012, 13:05
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,556 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Totally Confused!

You've listed three wonderful places and so you're not going to be disappointed no matter which one you decide on. About the only difference I can think of is that Harbour Heights has fewer units arranged in a more traditional "C" shape around a pool facing the sea which means that every unit is an ocean view and/or has a patio leading right out to the beach.

Oxford, North...
Level Contributor
37 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Totally Confused!

We actually pulled in at the Plantana while we were driving around. Beautiful place, beautiful units, beautiful beach, pool, nice people. We were very impressed and would like to stay there at some point if that helps.

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach
Recent Conversations