We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vrbo rentals

Innisfail, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
vrbo rentals

Just wondering if someone has stayed at Joel Blancard resort #35. Cayman Reef Resort. There are no reviews and wanting to know what it's like. Thanks.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
348 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vrbo rentals

Other sites seem to have it listed as well so you may find out more info there if nobody else is able to help.

What a small world as you are about 30 mins from where i live and we are also going to Grand Cayman!!

caymanreefresortvacationproperties.com/1br_s…

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vrbo rentals

Not unit specific, but here are some reviews of the complex.

tripadvisor.com/…UR139914400

I have never chosen to stay there, understand that it is located at the southern end of Seven Mile Beach which is dealing with some significant beach erosion issues.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,812 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vrbo rentals

There is beach erosion -- when on the island I walk past it almost every morning. However, the beach is also bascially empty most of the time so I don't know that it would really matter much (this is true of most of the condos which is why "crowded" on SMB is a "relative" term. Many of the condos are individually owned so furnishings etc can be very different from one unit to the next. It is a nice location in terms of walking to restaurants and shops (and Camana Bay). I am sure you have seen pictures of the inside . . . I would just ask how recently it was updated and how long ago the picture were taken. Years ago we stayed at Lacovia a couple of times -- the units were quite different, but even way back then had flat screens, BOSE sound systems, etc.

New Hope...
Level Contributor
739 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vrbo rentals

Excellent advice given above Also, owners have additional pictures. If you are not satisfied with the pictures that you see on vrbo, sometimes the condo have old kitchens or old TVs which are out of view, ask the owner if he can provide more pictures.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
601 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vrbo rentals

We stayed at Cayman Reef in June and loved it. The location was great. Though the beach wasn't as wide as some other areas of SMB, it suited us fine and we found that there was plenty of beach in front of the resort (unless it has changed significantly in the past few months). The resort was very quiet when we there, we often had the pool and the resort's section of the beach to ourselves.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
33 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vrbo rentals

My sister owns a unit at Cayman Reef Resort, however they do not rent it out. Units #12, #29, #50, and #56 are owned by a man named Marc. She said that all of his units are kept up very nicely. We will be renting units 12 and 50 next summer, and he has been wonderful to work with.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vrbo rentals

It is directly across the street from Wendy's, not a very tropical locale but, apparently, satisfactory to some.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
601 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: vrbo rentals

The views from the balconies or patios of the condos is not looking at the Wendy's across the street.

Shoreham, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: vrbo rentals

Looking to take family to Cayman at Christmas. Is it a safe island to travel around and for 21 year old girls to be out and about.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,812 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: vrbo rentals

destist, you might want to start a new thread but the island is safer than most places here in the good old USofA. My kids have been going for years and it is much safer than where they went to college in Baltimore. My daughter moved to the island when she graduated from college (21). She wants a career in hospitality . . . I feel much comfort in the fact that she is starting in GC rather than any big city here with all the crazy hours and getting out of work at 2 or 3 in the morning. She has friends her age that go down to visit her all the time and both she and her brother used our place with friends (without us) while they were in college. Bad things can happen anywhere (even your home) so no where is perfect, but overall safety on the island is high. With 21 year olds I would look to stay in a condo on SMB -- there is more for them to do and places to walk to etc. Good luck!

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach