We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June weather in GC versus Abaco

Washington DC...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
June weather in GC versus Abaco

We're deciding between a trip to GC (to the Ritz) the third week of June and a trip to Abaco in the Bahamas. Any input re: how the weather would be in June (or other consierations) would be appreciated. Is there much rain? Will it be very crowded on the Ritz beach in June? Anyone familiar with both Abaco and GC with thoughts to share? Thanks!

daisytown
Level Contributor
589 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: June weather in GC versus Abaco

We were in Elbow Cay Abacos in June few years ago , hot and dry . I have never been to GC coming this June. Which island in Abacos are you planning to go to? Do some research Marsh Harbour not as popular as smaller islands. It's a primarily boating crowd. I enjoyed myself but would not go back , not enough good beaches in my opinion.

Nancy

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
4,050 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June weather in GC versus Abaco

I don't have any specific experience with the Ritz, so not going to speculate, but June is considered low season on Cayman. Weather tends to be warmer and more humid.

Average June temperatures are 77F to 90F

Sea temperature 84F

Average rainfall 7"

Here is an article on Grand Cayman weather that will give you comparisons" climateandweather.com/weather-in-cayman-isla…

Hope this helps.

Maryland
Level Contributor
814 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June weather in GC versus Abaco

My husband and I were in Abaco in May and the weather was nice. Sometimes though it was rainy and windy and being on Sugar Loaf Cay, we were house bound for 2 days because the sea was too rough to take the boat out (our only mode of transportation).

If you do go to the Abaco's, choose an island that you can get to food, groceries or restaurants if the weather is not cooperating.

The Abaco's were beautiful, but I don't think we would do it again because of the remoteness and cost.

We have not been to the Cayman's yet. We leave April 27th. One of the reasons we chose the Cayman's was that you could have solitude, yet still be near activities.

4. Re: June weather in GC versus Abaco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 06:18