We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo in North/Central SMB

Houston
Level Contributor
128 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Condo in North/Central SMB

Hi,

My hubby and I have been to GC three times now and stayed in London House, which we loved. This time, we are looking to branch out but still want a private section of sandy beach (not rocky ironshore). We also want a washer/dryer and possibly a screened porch. We also want a nice pool area. We are confused about where to stay this time as none of the condos I've looked at fit all these criteria. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks!

Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo in North/Central SMB

Check this place out, we are going here later this year, and I think it has a lot of what you are wanting

www.oceanparadisecayman.com/floor-plan.php

Houston
Level Contributor
128 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo in North/Central SMB

Those look fabulous and I've never heard of them before. 3 bedrooms may be a bit large for only my husband and myself but I will definitely check it out and compare rates...if it is the same price as something smaller, we may just have extra room!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
555 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo in North/Central SMB

Not sure what you have in mind for a budget....but here are some suggestions:

Coral Stone Club: We stayed there last November and really enjoyed it. Also think it may tick most of your boxes in regards to a beautiful sandy beach, washer and dryer, screened porch, fantastic pool. CSC is located in central SMB, right next to the Ritz. So while it's in a convenient location and definitely has a wide, low density beach area, it may not feel as 'private' as the northern section of SMB.

Avalon: Again, this condo ticks most of your boxes, if not all, including the feel of a more private beach area. Beautiful property with an exclusive (extended stay) condo complex on one side and vacant, undeveloped land on the other. Has a beautiful pool area, nice beachfront, screened porches and washer/dryer too.

Plantana: Has most of what's on your list as well. Toured this condo complex last November and really liked it. The grounds and beach especially were fantastic. All the units we saw were also very nicely updated and well-maintained. The pool, although nice, is fairly average overall. However, it does have nice pool loungers! ;-)

You have some really good choices on SMB.....good luck with your decision!

Edited: 14 February 2013, 21:05
Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo in North/Central SMB

Ocean Paradise is in North Side not SMB.

Houston
Level Contributor
128 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Condo in North/Central SMB

Thanks for the list. We are a little hesitant to book Avalon as it is only 3 bedroom units and as such a bit of a waste of room for us. It does look lovely. Coralstone club is sold out. We are investigating Plantana as well. Thanks again for the suggestions. There are a lot of options out there!

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,198 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Condo in North/Central SMB

Beachcomber and Meridian (Central SMB) have 2 bedroom units and meet your wish list.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Condo in North/Central SMB

If Avalon has space you could see if they would give you a reduced rate for 2 people.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,751 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Condo in North/Central SMB

You might also check out Harbour Heights. They have 2 bedrooms with rates for 1-2 people.

http://www.harbourheightscayman.com

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
3,993 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Condo in North/Central SMB

Just wanted to pick up on one of your requirements - you state "private section of a sandy beach" - there are no private beaches in the Cayman Islands, by law. However, there are some beaches with limited or difficult access that can feel private, but none are close to SMB.

There are busy parts and quieter parts of SMB, but you may find folks walking by at any time. If quieter will serve your needs then the suggestions given are good. If, however, you really mean "private" then Seven Mile Beach isn't going to server your needs.

emeraldisle,nc
Level Contributor
159 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Condo in North/Central SMB

Try Cayman Club. Elizabeth is the on site manager and is fantastic.

caymanclub@candw.ky

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach