We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plantana...Which unit??

Carroll, Ohio
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Plantana...Which unit??

Doing some preliminary planning for our first trip to Grand Cayman early June 2014. After a lot of research, it looks like Plantana is the perfect place for us! Traveling with my husband & I will be our daughter, son-in-law & granddaughter who will be about 20 months old at the time. We want a ground floor, oceanfront condo that is close to the pool yet has a decent view of the ocean from the patio. I've seen a lot of great reviews about Unit #10 because of the more secluded view of the beach but it seems a little farther from the pool than I'd like. Also read some good comments about Unit #8 which from the photos on the Plantana website looks to have great proximity to the pool but from the angle of that photo I don't really see much of the ocean. Is it just a bad angle on the photo? Units #9 &13 on the map look like they would have good views of both the beach and pool but in the photos it's hard to tell exactly where the pool is. Also it looks like if we book through the Plantana website we can designate which unit we want...is that true? Any insight on which units would be in close proximity to the pool yet have those remarkable views of the ocean would be greatly appreciated!

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,319 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Plantana...Which unit??

Not sure if you want a ground or higher floor unit. Unit # 16 is ground floor, a short walk to the beach along the path by # 11 and 12. The unit next to it is not in the rental pool so, most likely, you will have no one on the other side of the screen next to you. That is always a plus in my book. The ground floor units cost a bit more but the convenience of not having to climb stairs is very nice. The 2 units above #16 obviously have the same short walk to the beach ( plus stairs ) and I believe that only the second floor has a neighboring property in the rental pool. These units are closer to the road than many of the oceanfront units but are set back enough that noise should not be a problem. Plantana's laundry is set between the garden view units and the road, helping to block any noise. The whole complex is very quiet, provided you have quiet and considerate neighbors. I am familiar with these units only from the outside but, having been in many, I have not seen an undesireable interior in any of them.

Level Contributor
133 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Plantana...Which unit??

We stayed in #37 last year. It was fabulous. I don't think it is available anymore. Maybe reno? Anyway, we are coming down again at the end of the month. We are staying in unit 15. I can't wait! It looks amazing and the location is ideal right by the pool and steps from the ocean. You will not be disappointed!

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Plantana...Which unit??

We stayed in Unit 16 twice and loved it! Quiet, short walk to the pool and affordable!

14. Re: Plantana...Which unit??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach