We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early check-in at SMB condos?

Oakville
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Early check-in at SMB condos?

If the condo I have booked is vacant several days before I arrive do you think I should be able to request and arrange an earlier check in at prime SMB condos like Coral Stone Club, Beachcomber, Caribbean club? Our flight is scheduled to arrive at 11am with regular check in at 4pm.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early check-in at SMB condos?

You can certainly request an early check-in. Whether it will be granted is up to the accommodation.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,339 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early check-in at SMB condos?

Contact the condo. Opinions aren't going to provide you with an answer to your question.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,662 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early check-in at SMB condos?

I certainly think you should be able to request it. Whether they can honor it is another story. Much depends on the how busy the place is but condos generally do not work like hotels. On most islands the flights come in in the mornings and leave in the afternoon/evenings. The venues have to organized maid staff, laundry, etc. Those individuals have other units to care for as well as preparing those for incoming guests. If they are taking care of existing guests first, they have to wait to ensure your unit is ready. If it is a busy turnover day they might not be able to make the arrangements even if the unit was empty the day before as someone will go in that day to do a final check. During the quiet time of the year, staff go on vacation, so while it might look like a no brainer, that may not be the case. You can always try, but honestly if they say no it should be no surprise. Everyone is trying to do the same thing and even at the hotels your request for early arrival (just like late departure) may not be doable.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early check-in at SMB condos?

I've stayed at all 3 and have gotten in to each of them prior to 4pm. Our flights usually arrive between 12:30-1:30pm and we head directly to the condo from airport. Once at Caribbean Club we were allowed to sit in another condo until ours was ready and since I arrived with a major headache it was a welcome offer.

Oakville
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Early check-in at SMB condos?

Obviously I will contact the resort. I was looking to get a quick idea of if it will be possible via forum experiences at the specific resorts. Thanks for the responses.

6. Re: Early check-in at SMB condos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach
Recent Conversations