We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunshine Suites - early arrival

North Wales
Level Contributor
199 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunshine Suites - early arrival

Our flight into GC arrives at 7am and we are booked to stay at Sunshine Suites. I know it will be too early to get our room but can we check in early and leave our bags in a secure area within the hotel? Would we be able to use the pool etc early that morning?

Also, we want to do a bit of shopping while we are there, nothing too expensive but we like to stroll and pick up a few souvenirs - are there any shopping malls within walking distance of the Sunshine Suites? I also need to find a Pandora shop as I always buy my daughter a Pandora charm when we go away on holiday. Is Georgetown within walking distance and is this where the main shops are? We fancy eating at Margaritaville one day and wondered whether we can walk there or not.

Many thanks in advance for your replies :)

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,308 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunshine Suites - early arrival

Contact the front desk of the hotel directly. I'm sure they can accommodate. You can see exact distances on google maps along with approximate walking times. In my opinion, there are much better restaurants closer to where you are staying.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Margaritaville,+George+Town,+Cayman+Islands&daddr=Sunshine+Suites+Resort,+West+Bay,+Cayman+Islands&hl=en&ll=19.325804,-81.405677&spn=0.008312,0.007854&sll=19.338466,-81.378431&sspn=0.008311,0.007854&geocode=FQ5sJgEdkzIm-yEild2m9kYZCymV8FCUX4YljzEild2m9kYZCw%3BFWsUJwEdMUMm-yGG9oNTGnpTxylnkYcnoocljzGG9oNTGnpTxw&oq=margar&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=17

London, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunshine Suites - early arrival

We have stayed at Sunshine Suites several times, and have left luggage in their storage room for a few hours when checking out and getting the evening BA flight to the UK, so I would imagine they can also store your bags when arriving. It might be worth seeing if they can offer an early check-in.

I think we got our daughter's Pandora bracelet and charms in Georgetown. I can't remember if the Kirk's jewellers in The Strand shopping centre in the way to town had Pandora. There are a few Pandora stores on the island. Georgetown will have the biggest selection.

You can just flag down a bus (minibuses with blue license plates and yellow stickers with a number and something like "WB" on the front) from the main West Bay Road near the hotel. Pretty much any bus on Sunshine Suites side of West Bay Road will be going to Georgetown. Just tell them where you want to get off. Cost to town is a few dollars.

You might want to consider renting a car, which makes getting around much easier. We pick up a car at the airport to avoid taxi fares to SMB.

Sunshine Suites offer free use of their beach chairs, which you can take to the beach, but we also bought a cheap beach umbrella from the Cost-U-Less cash and carry in Governor's Square shopping centre, which is walkable from Sunshine Suites. It''s nice to have some shade if you're planning on spending time on the beach!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunshine Suites - early arrival

There's an actual Pandora store in Camana Bay

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunshine Suites - early arrival

The Pandora store in Caymana Bay is really nice.

Carolina
Level Contributor
394 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunshine Suites - early arrival

I am considering staying at Sunshine Suites or the Marriot. Can you advise on Sunshine as you stayed there? Also, was the beach area nice right there or did you bus/drive to other beach areas also?

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,308 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunshine Suites - early arrival

Sunshine Suites is not on the beach. If you have other questions, you might consider starting a new thread.

7. Re: Sunshine Suites - early arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach