We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cemetery beach distance to Heritage Kitchen

Martinsburg, West...
Level Contributor
117 posts
188 reviews
Save Topic
Cemetery beach distance to Heritage Kitchen

Will be visiting Grand Cayman for the 1st time the end of next week. Staying at Tamarind Bay Condo and we plan on taking the mini bus to Cemetery beach one morning/early afternoon. The distance between Cemetery beach and the Heritage Kitchen appears to be fairly close (in looking at some maps) but realistically, can anyone tell me the approximate walking distance? I'm just wondering if its feasible when we are done snorkeling at Cemetery beach to walk to the Heritage Kitchen (get our food to go) and then catch a mini bus back to Tamarind Bay. If so, we'd have two mini bus rides vs three if we need to take one to get to the Heritage Kitchen.

Any advise would be most helpful.

London UK
Level Contributor
40 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cemetery beach distance to Heritage Kitchen

I snorkled at Cemetary Beach today. Fabulous.

I haven't walked it, but I would say its about 15-20 minutes. I would recommend you walk the beach and not the road. The road walk would definitely take longer as it detours a bit away from the beach.

Heritage Kitchen is fantastic. There is a beach wall in front so you'll have to pass it on the beach and then double back. It's not at all a big detour.

Heritage Kitchen is closed on Monday & Tuesday.

Hope you enjoy Cayman!

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cemetery beach distance to Heritage Kitchen

One difficulty with walking there along the beach is that there are 2 very rocky areas which are impassable in high tide, difficult but manageable with shoes in low tide.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,143 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cemetery beach distance to Heritage Kitchen

You can also google directions between any two locations on Grand Cayman. This way you'll have walking time estimates based on precise distances.

http://maps.google.com

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cemetery beach distance to Heritage Kitchen

Also, I don't recall that there is a way to get from the beach over the sea wall in front of Heritage Kitchen. The beach is way below street level there. I think you would have to go past it and double. back on the road.

Scotland
Level Contributor
31 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cemetery beach distance to Heritage Kitchen

If you walk along the beach you will come to a big white house (huge windows) next to it is a brown house then a block of green houses. In between the brown and green houses is a public path which leads onto boggy sand road. Turn left and walk past the pink cottage and you will be at the kitchen in a few minutes. Food is fab and portions are huge.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cemetery beach distance to Heritage Kitchen

Yes, I forgot all about the path. I was thinking about trying to stay along the beach, which wouldn't work.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,143 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cemetery beach distance to Heritage Kitchen

"In between the brown and green houses is a public path which leads onto boggy sand road."

Formerly, West Bay Road (i.e. Dart isn't the first developer to re-route West Bay Road).

Edited: 18 May 2013, 19:46
Martinsburg, West...
Level Contributor
117 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cemetery beach distance to Heritage Kitchen

Thanks for the all of the feedback everyone. Having TA friends help with planning specific's is always so insighful. I use TA for every vacation we go on.

9. Re: Cemetery beach distance to Heritage Kitchen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach