We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend some restaurants!!

New York, New York
Level Contributor
383 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Recommend some restaurants!!

My husband and I are going to be in Grand Cayman, staying at Sunshine Suites, for 5 nights. We are looking for some restaurant rec's in the area or in Georgetown. Looking for regional food, seafood, etc. We plan on eating at Sunshine Grill one night, of course!

We live in NYC so no need for Italian, pizza, pasta, we eat a ton of that here.

Thanks!!

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend some restaurants!!

Just as an FYI, many of the "Italian" places prepare excellent local fish dishes in addition to regional Italian fare.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,081 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend some restaurants!!

Interestingly "regional" seafood is relative. With a few exceptions, cold water fish has much tastier flesh than seafood from warmer waters. I eat more seafood in NY than I do in GC, Florida, etc. Much is "flown" in with the wonderful exceptions of conch, grouper and a few others. Testudo is correct that many of the "Italian" places do prepared excellent local anyway. In addition, the restaurants in GC are really on par with the best of what you find here. Throw into the mix some really great wine selections that are often unavailable here and you will be in for a delightful surprise. Places that I love include but are not limited to Luca, Morgan's Harbour, Taikun, Casanova, Ortanique, Michael's Genuine, Karma, The Lighthouse, My Bar at Sunset House, Macabuca, etc. Some are casual and some not. Check out ideas at caymangoodtaste.com and caymanrestaurantguide.com.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,192 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend some restaurants!!

There is so much to choose from - hard to really pick a few that are in such general categories.

I suggest that you check out http://www.caymangoodtaste.com - they have menus there and maps so you can see what is close to your location. A great place to do your own research, then use this site to read what folks have written about them!

4. Re: Recommend some restaurants!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 May 2013, 22:35
Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,081 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommend some restaurants!!

Not sure where your "passengers" are getting their info but I am not familiar with Mr. Burger at the airport. There is a little bar type place in the lounge that I wouldn't rate anywhere. The restaurant has been for as long as I can remember and still was a couple of weeks ago isThe Hungry Horse which is upstairs. Agua is a nice little place which I like very much but wouldn't rate it for seafood, Copper (not Cooper) Falls is about the only steak house on the island, etc. While your site might be fun, it doesn't seem very accurate and it is against TA guidelines to solicit here. Sorry.

Edited: 21 May 2013, 22:24
Jim Thorpe...
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommend some restaurants!!

Heritage kitchen-west bay! Great seafood... Shack environment. It is reasonable And delicious. Look up on TA!

7. Re: Recommend some restaurants!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach
Recent Conversations