We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pirates Week

alabama
Level Contributor
231 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Pirates Week

Is this a good time to visit? I'm looking at a girls trip during this time we have a free place to stay on the east side of the island. Is that going to be a total pain? Or should we just stay in Georgetown?

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,832 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pirates Week

Not sure what you are asking. Do you mean will it be a pain traveling from East End to attend the Pirate's Week events in George Town?

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pirates Week

I will be on island during Pirate's Week this year, totally without planning it. But I will enjoy the Heritage Days in North Side, East End and Bodden Town. Wouldn't go to George Town on a bet!

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pirates Week

Sounds like fun, NSS! OK if I join you? :)

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pirates Week

It really depends on what you like to do. East End is beautiful but if you are looking for more of a party trip, you will likely prefer Seven Mile Beach area.

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pirates Week

You can download a list of Pirate Week activities on their website: http://www.piratesweekfestival.com/

It will take 30-50 minutes (depending on time of day/traffic) to drive from the East End into George Town. Look at the schedule and decide which events you would want to attend (and how many trips to George Town you would be taking) - this could help you decide whether free lodging would be worth it. And of course, you would need a designated driver (after partying) for the trip back to the East End if you stay there.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,198 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pirates Week

One of our GC trips unexpectedly coincided with Pirate's Week. We totally enjoyed the events held in Georgetown! Very festive and tons of fun. As it turned out, we had made a dinner reservation at Casanova on the night of a big fireworks display....even though we are not people who seek out fireworks and other such hoopla totally loved being there during Pirate's Week and were happy to be staying along SMB where getting to and from the Georgetown activities was a short drive. No matter where you stay, I definitely recommend going to Georgetown to experience some of the big celebration events.

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pirates Week

Oops! The link I posted was for this year's schedule of events, but the "official" site does not yet have the specifics for each District's Heritage Days events. If they are anything like last year (and the year before), however, most Districts will have fireworks, bands, demonstrations, and great local food.

Edited: 04 June 2013, 14:16
8. Re: Pirates Week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach