We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Notary

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Notary

Need an American notary public while in GC...any thoughts?

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,749 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Notary

You can contact any of the law firms and ask them. When we had the papers notarized for the purchase our place in GC it was a totally different process and the term "notary" has different ramifications. They follow the English format.. I am not sure why there would be an "American" notary in CI. . . just as I wouldn't expect to find a UK/CI solilcitor or notary in NY unless it was through friends. A truly international law firm or the any US Embassy or Consulate that might be on the island is your best bet. I worked for a law firm in the US and one in the UK and they have definitions and requirements. Different legal system, their rules, good luck!

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,827 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Notary

Perhaps at a bank

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,539 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Notary

Any bank would be a good second option but an international law-firm should have a notary (e.g. Walkers).

Cayman Brac
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Notary

You can check www.gov.ky for a list of Notary Publics.

5. Re: Notary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach
Recent Conversations