We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants

Sturbridge...
Level Contributor
217 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants

Are there enough restaurants within walking distance from Grand Cayman Beach Suites,or should I rent a car? Also does anyone know the taxi rates from the airport for four people.I can't seem to find updated taxi fares.

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants

You can find info about restaurants within walking distance by looking at the Cayman Good Taste website:

www.caymangoodtaste.com/interactive_map.asp…

The taxi rates noted in the Top Questions on the right side of this page are still relevant (more or less):

https://docs.google.com/viewer…

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,556 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants

While you won't starve without a car, I would suggest renting a car for at least some of your stay to explore the rest of the island,check out some of the amazing sights and great restaurants that aren't within walking distance of your hotel.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants

Yesterday, we took a taxi from the Airport to the Grand Cayman Beach Suites and it cost us $20.00 US plus we gave the driver a tip. There were only 2 of us, but we did have 3 bags and 2 carry on bags.

For dinner, you might want to make reservations in advance. This is very easy to do using the interactive restaurant map that MidwestAnnie mentioned above at www.caymangoodtaste.com. My wife and I are not renting a car this week, but we are using taxi's to get around for lunch, dinner, and other activities. We arrived at the Grand Cayman Beach Suites yesterday and we did not realize that with it raining off and on so much, that walking was not going to be as convenient as we had hoped. Also, a lot of good restaurants that we had planned to visit are not as close to our hotel as we thought they would be, (this is our first time staying on the island in Grand Cayman, so we are trying to figure it all out). If you do decide to walk to a restaurant for lunch or dinner, just be sure to take your complimentary umbrella that you will find in your hotel room, we have used our umbrella 3 times in 2 days. It just started raining again a few minutes ago, but the water still looks turquois and beautiful.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,041 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants

Just a word of caution about restaurant reservations. We always make ours directly by telephone, and I suggest you do the same. One year I tried making them through caymangoodtaste, just for fun. Although I received confirmations, three restaurants in a row had no record of our reservations. Fortunately, it was a slow season so we could be seated without a wait. This might not be your experience, but it was ours. I will never wait for a table anywhere, no one's food is worth that to me.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants

Within easy walking distance to the Beachsuites you have Agua and Luca -- both well worth going to. Casual lunch or place to go at night Lone Star . . . don't love the food, but I don't like smoked meats. Ragazzi is also easily walked to. For many years Hemmingways has been more on and off due to changing up the staff (it was also the meal in GC). Based on friends recommendations I have been back recently. Sunday brunch is great and dinner has not ever disappointed in the past 4 or 5 years so there definitely are options. Also Britannia Club is lovely for breakfast and they do a wonderful lunch special. I still think getting a car is a great option. You can also walk to Karma which has done a great job and Icoa, Triple Crown, and Fidel Murphy's are wonderful options for breakfast but I don't know what distance you feel comfortable walking to.

Edited: 08 July 2013, 00:24
Sturbridge...
Level Contributor
217 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants

Thanks for everyone's help.

7. Re: restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach
Recent Conversations