We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Off Beach" hotels

Menomonee Falls...
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
"Off Beach" hotels

On my limited budget, it looks like I could maybe afford Sunshine Suites or the Comfort Suites for my Grand Cayman vacation next winter. I know they are both "off beach"--so how inconvenient is that? Is it really much farther than if you are at a super huge complex say in the Dom Rep and have quite a walk to the beach from your room? Are there chairs available at the designated beach for either of these hotels? (free or fee?) And are both of these hotels pretty close (walking distance) to things like restaurants, shopping, etc.?

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Boston...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Off Beach" hotels

Sunshine Suites is directly across the street from the Westin. Short walk across West Bay Rd. That said, crossing that road can be tricky. They did install a crosswalk nearby but it still can be intimidating to some. Comfort Suites is on the southern end of SMB but it has lots of ironshore rock. There are a few places you could go in the water but for the most part it's not a sandy entrance to the ocean. Sunshine Suites offers beach chairs for your use and you can plop down between the Westin and Villas of Galleon condos beach area of in front of the Governour's Mansion (other side of the Westin). You can also use the Westin bar and restaurants if you wish, they also offer day passes for use of the rest of their facilities and beach area. Both are withing walking distance of some popular restaurants but I would opt for SS if I were you.

Edited: 04 September 2013, 15:07
Mentioned in this post
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman...
575 Reviews
Grand Cayman
West Bay
West Bay
Roatan, Honduras
Sunshine Suites Resort
Sunshine Suites Resort
1,885 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
7,948 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Off Beach" hotels

Ditto Bozzie. Sunshine Suites over Comfort Suites. Just a nicer property and they have chairs and other items available to take to the beach. The walk to the beach from SS is roughly the same as it is for Ritz guests staying on the garden side of the resort.

Mentioned in this post
Sunshine Suites Resort
Sunshine Suites Resort
1,885 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: "Off Beach" hotels

The road is also not quite as busy as it used to be given the new bypass into West Bay. Don't forget the cars drive opposite to the US when you are crossing!

Mentioned in this post
West Bay
West Bay
Roatan, Honduras
4. Re: "Off Beach" hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach