We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay and location. Things to do

Tennessee
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Place to stay and location. Things to do

Hello...this will be our first trip to grand cayman if we decide to go. We are looking at staying at casa caribe on seven mile beach....would this be a good place to stay as far as location to walking distance of beach bars and top rated restaurants. Please help....

We also like to rent a center console boat- is there a good location close by for this.?

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,818 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay and location. Things to do

You can go to caymanislands.ky and look at their Google Cayman Map and get a really good birds eye view of where different places are located. All of SMB is actually 5 1/2 miles long to put it in perspective. The following link will send you to Moore Marine which is probably the biggest of the boat for hire people. Can't help you on what they have in terms of center console etc.

http://www.caymanislandsboatrentals.com/

Edited: 23 December 2013, 15:26
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,702 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay and location. Things to do

There are many great places to stay on SMB and Casa Cribe is a wonderful choice for exploring the island on foot. That said, I would consider renting a car, even if it's just for a few days, in order to explore the island and visit restaurants and attractions that aren't walking distance to your condo.

As far as boat rentals, I see you posted the same question on the Providenciales forum last week and I would echo the same sentiments you received there. You're much better off hiring a captain, especially if you plan on using the boat to visit places like SRC, the barrier reef and other popular snorkeling destinations. Plus, with someone else at the helm, you can relax, drink a beer and enjoy your day with your family rather than trying to navigate a boat in unfamiliar waters.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,687 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay and location. Things to do

Casa Caribe a great choice for many reasons. AWESOME beachfront, nice spacious units, spacious screened in patio/balcony, close to grocery store and many excellent restaurants of all price points. Cannot help on boat rental. In my younger years spent a ton of time skippering both motor and sail crafts, even was a sailing instructor on Cape Cod, but when vacationing at this stage of my life prefer to let someone else who knows the local waters be in charge while I sit back and totally relax:-)

4. Re: Place to stay and location. Things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach