We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stingray City

toronto
Level Contributor
77 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Stingray City

I have decided to do this trip when in GC in Feb. but cruise ship is only there 7 am to 4 pm The tour I looked at left dock at 12:45 to 5:15 which is too late. Any body recommend a company that will fit my timetable?

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stingray City

The best bet is for you to book your excursion through the cruise company. That way you will be guaranteed to get back on the ship.

toronto
Level Contributor
77 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stingray City

thankyou. I did find one with Red Sail Sports on

tues. from 9 to 4...It goes to rum point too and on a Catamaran. I am hopeful that it will fit schedule. But I don't want the ship to sail without me. LOL

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,620 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stingray City

On more than one occasion we have been siting on a beach watching local boaters rush people back to a ship because people have missed the last tender. In Cabo the ship had actually started up and was turning towards open ocean when it halted.. We saw the lower side entry door open and sure enough, a boat that had been racing across pulled up and dropped off 4 people. Could bean expensive trip to the next port so better safe than sorry. Have fun!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,953 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stingray City

Given the tendering process to get to Grand Cayman, your ship being in port from 7am-4pm does not mean that you will be on Grand Cayman from 7am-4pm. Check cruisecritic.com or book with your cruise operator.

toronto
Level Contributor
77 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stingray City

Thank you. I believe you are wise, I am just working on my activity list. and will go with the ships excursions. TY

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stingray City

We used 7 seas charter with Capt. Shaun. It was amazing but we had a large group and booked his whole yatch for the day...not sure if he does small groups but our day with him was the highlight of our entire cruise without question. He also was ver careful to get us back to the ship on time.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,446 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stingray City

If you book privately they will work on your schedule. We used Cayman Charters for friends ion æ Disney Cruise and they said it was the best excursion they did by a long shot in any port.

8. Re: Stingray City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach