We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer prices @ restaurants & bars?

Hoopeston, Illinois
11 posts
Save Topic
Beer prices @ restaurants & bars?

Does anyone know average prices of beers @ the bars & restaurants around Seven Mile Beach? We plan on drinking the local beer the whole time, as being a beer lover it would be a rare treat!

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,818 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer prices @ restaurants & bars?

Lone Star does buckets and I think the beers are $3 or $4 (don't drink beer so I can't say for sure). If you go to the hotels you will find prices much higher (so is their overhead). PD's (Pirate's Den), Calico's, Macabuca and the bar at Treasure Island might also offer better prices. Really depends on where you go! Prices may also be better at Sunshine Grille at Sunshine Suites (where are you staying)?

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,238 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer prices @ restaurants & bars?

Make sure you go to Caybrew for a tour and samples

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
294 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer prices @ restaurants & bars?

@ the bars & restaurants you can expect to pay 3 to 6 KYD for a beer.

Hoopeston, Illinois
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer prices @ restaurants & bars?

From what I read & researched we will be staying @ The Sunshine Suites, seems right for our budget & it's location seems great, I've read there is both a liquor & grocery store very close which will be nice, but that leads me to another question.....I've heard there are beach policies on cooloers, is this true?

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,761 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer prices @ restaurants & bars?

"I've heard there are beach policies on cooloers, is this true?"

True. They are not to be used as lifesaving flotation devices.

Unless a guest at a hotel or private beach club where "outside food and drinks" are frowned upon, coolers are welcomed at all public beach areas.

Hoopeston, Illinois
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beer prices @ restaurants & bars?

Ha!, I'd thinking floating at sea atop a cooler full of beer couldn't be the worst way to be lost! But that clears it up, Me & my wife enjoy beers, and a small cooler of them in hand while strolling 7mile sounds ideal to us, we just don't wanna offend The Caymans or her people, and/or rules! Thanks though everyone is helping a lot, & making it easier to get pumped up for it!

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,761 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beer prices @ restaurants & bars?

Since you will be staying near the Westin, be advised they are a property with a no outside food & drink policy. So if you are on the beach in what they consider their portion of the public' s beach you may get pestered by their security.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,818 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beer prices @ restaurants & bars?

If you have a drink in hand and are strolling up and down the beach that is never an issue. However, parking yourself with the cooler on a place that has a food/beverage service would be. Like going into a really super restaurant with all the views and atmosphere and bringing your own food. As T mentioned that is not appropriate, however, their are many who walk the beach daily and grab a beverage at any of the restaurant hotel beach bars to make the walk even a little nicer :)! Its very nice that you are concerned, sadly many have no "reservations".

Hoopeston, Illinois
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Beer prices @ restaurants & bars?

It wouldn't bother me to stop & grab a drink, or even a small bite at one of the many places along the beach, & I'm sure we will do just that, but loading up a 6pk for along stroll was just a thought for a nice un-interrupted time! I have no problem supporting the local economy, just staying economical for our budget I suppose!

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,818 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beer prices @ restaurants & bars?

In Australia they have six pack coolers that are one long sling with a strap that you just wear over your shoulder. The cans go in in tandem. They are made of the soft material and have a long zipper. Thought it was a great idea -- perfect for a nice beach stroll!

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach