We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late June or early August 2014??

N L
Boston...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Late June or early August 2014??

We are considering a first trip to Seven Mile beach this summer.

Due to other stuff going on this summer we are limited to late June or August (August probably more likely)

We are aware that the later you go in the summer the more into hurricane season you go. I would just love to hear thoughts on, humidity and scuba diving conditions - are they a lot worse in August (we made this mistake a couple of yrs ago in Arbua)

Any thoughts are appreciated, we just want to get away, for some, sea, sand, pool, peace and scuba diving for the hubby. Humidity is a concern for my daughter as she doesn't do well at all. Thanks

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,863 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late June or early August 2014??

We used to schedule our annual Cayman vacation during the month of August. I found it to be hot, steamy and very humid with a passing downpour most days. Others can address scuba conditions as I am not a diver.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late June or early August 2014??

I agree with kiddos........Cayman is very humid in the summer due to the frequent & passing showers. That's one of the welcoming qualities when you leave cold snowy winter and arrive on the island. Immediately your skin soaks up the humidity & stops being parched.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
581 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late June or early August 2014??

Diving conditions in summer tend to be incredible. Glass like conditions, with silversides in, although August might be too late. Your husband will love the conditions.

However it will be hot as .......

4. Re: Late June or early August 2014??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2016, 21:30
Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late June or early August 2014??

One of the advantages of being a diver and doing lots of it is that it brings down your core body temperature and you don't notice the heat and the humidity like others do. So it may seem warm for the first day or so, but get a few dives under your belt, and you won't notice it.

Get trip insurance that covers any issue of an impending hurricane and you have all the makings of a great trip!

6. Re: Late June or early August 2014??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 06:19