We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25th wedding anniversary dinner and celebration

NJ
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
25th wedding anniversary dinner and celebration

We're planning to stay at the Rum Point area and looking for not-fancy but fun place to celebrate our 25th... It's a 1st trip to Grand Cayman. Nice cruise,trip, fun excursion at day time and then tasty and fun dinner under the stars in the area. Please advise! We are planning to do plenty of snorkeling by the condo we're going stay in and do island exploration on a rental car the rest of the time. We love beach combing and my husband would like do shore fishing if possible. He can bring his metal detector to have some fun if It's acceptable on an island .Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 25th wedding anniversary dinner and celebration

I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you want info about a fun day adventure, a sailboat/ship excursion (day? night?) and/or a great place to have a fun and tasty dinner in the Rum Point area? Or are you wiling/do you want to go away from Rum Point for any/all of the above?

Also, what day of the week is your anniversary, and do you need to celebrate it on that day?

NJ
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 25th wedding anniversary dinner and celebration

It's June 17, Tuesday. It's important to celebrate on that date. If anything nice exist in Rum Point area for fun celebration we prefer stay here but we're open for any ideas. We're not looking for formal event but rather something different and romantic (excluding helicopter rides). May be some photo session on a deserted beach, sailing, snorkeling at day and then nice candle light dinner under the stars with nice live music (prefer island Caribbean style - guitars, percussions. May be some dancing on a sand. Thanks!

Edited: 20 February 2014, 01:49
chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,716 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 25th wedding anniversary dinner and celebration

The only place on that side of the island that you're going to find dancing on the sand on a Tuesday night would be at the Kaibo beach BBQ----live band and BBQ food and 2 for 1 rum punch---Kaibo is 1 mile from Rum Point. The BBQ includes BBQ chicken, fish, oxtail, potato salad, green salad, rice and beans, rum cake---I think that's most of it.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 25th wedding anniversary dinner and celebration

Thanks, caymanshelly! It sounds nice for regular day but not romantic enough for anniversary. I'm thinking about more personal experience not a branch style. May be something else exist on other side of the island on Tuesday? But then we'll need to drive back at night... If Tuesday is not a day, what we can look for on Saturday or Sunday? We'll have one full Sat and one full Sun (we're staying for 8 days). Really appreciate any ideas! Are there any lively but still romantic places for special dinner? Semi-formal can be ok too...

Edited: 20 February 2014, 03:11
Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 25th wedding anniversary dinner and celebration

Other options that I can think of (in addition to the great option CaymanShelly noted):

The sunset sail “happy hour cruise” from Rum Point on Tuesdays:

redsailcayman.com/sunset-sail-east/details

A great place for a romantic dinner that is about 25 minutes from Rum Point is the Light House:

www.lighthouse.ky/HTML%20web/index.html

If you are willing to drive into SMB for a unique adventure:

http://aurigaballoons.ky

And IHO, the best place for a "celebration" dinner is Grand Old House:

http://grandoldhouse.com

Edited: 20 February 2014, 03:28
NJ
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 25th wedding anniversary dinner and celebration

Thanks! Looking into this places. Hot air balloon flight is awesome! But I'm not good with heights.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,669 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 25th wedding anniversary dinner and celebration

babochka - Congratulations on your 25th! June 17th is a very good date for an anniversary. It was my grandparents' wedding date and they were married 57 years at the time of my grandfather's death. Hopefully you will find a special way to celebrate.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 25th wedding anniversary dinner and celebration

WOW! What a great story! I can't wait to celebrate this spacial date in Grand Cayman!

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,330 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: 25th wedding anniversary dinner and celebration

You really need an on-island planner. Try Celebrations. (http://www.celebrationsltd.com/)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 25th wedding anniversary dinner and celebration

What about chartering a boat & having one of the great restaurants cater the food?

We have done day sails as well as dinner cruise......it had been stormy on that day & after it got dark we saw the most awesome heat lightning light up the sky. We have used Mise en Place, an excellent caterers to have a private chef cook for us at our condo.....fabulous! I'm sure that they could prepare an awesome feast to take on a a boat. All that you need is champagne & you'll be all set for a day/ night to remember.

You could also hire a photographer to do a photo shoot on a beach or dock.....they know all of the good spots.

Happy 25th! Can't wait to hear what you decide to do!

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach