We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me to decide

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Help me to decide

Which section of Seven Mile Beach is the least crowded? I am considering South Beach Bay Club for our visit. Is there another condo someone would recommend that is equally as nice as South Bay but in a quieter area?

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me to decide

I would point you towards the Northern end of SMB if you are very concerned about crowds. That said, we always stay in the middle section (Westin) and don't have any issues with crowds. The cruise folks just walk past us to get to the public beach. and areas. We do like the Caribbean Club (among many others) a lot but that's in the middle area too. Plantana is a bit more north than CC and is also very nice and quiet.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,198 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me to decide

Northern and Central areas of SMB offer more beach space and IMO it is quiet on the beach at condos located in either of these 2 sections. SBBC is in the Southern part of SMB (adjacent to Marriott) with far smaller sand area than other places along SMB. For a pretty good glimpse at various properties take a look at cayman vacations.com and/or caydirect.com focusing on northern and central smb

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me to decide

I second & completely agree with lovecayman. Look elsewhere than SBBC....even Regal Beach, right next door to Marriott on the other side, has a better beach. IMO, you should look at mid to northern SMB.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
101 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me to decide

We loved SBBC - steps to the beach, pool oceanfront, never an issue with getting beach chairs

5. Re: Help me to decide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2016, 21:30
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,198 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me to decide

"Crowded" does not apply to condo beachfronts...even when we go during the very busy/popular month of March. Only "crowding" we have witnessed is along the waterfront of Ritz Carlton, the very small beach area of Marriott, somewhat at Beachsuites, and to a much lesser extent at the Westin.

Beach loungers are also not a problem at any condo. For a bit more clarity, those who prefer more space on the sand and a sandy entry to the water, that is the case at any condo in the central part and pretty much all of those located in northern sections of SMB.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me to decide

Thank you for your suggestions. I have 2 preteens that like to play frisbee on the beach so I was hoping they could do that without having to worry about hitting someone :) We typically vacation in the Carolinas where you may not have someone next to you for hundreds of yards. I don't expect it to be like that but we like it somewhat quiet too. This is our first trip to the Caymans. If I look further down SMB will the restaurants be as easily accessible? That is something to weigh out as well.

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help me to decide

One (of many) map(s) that show the location of hotels, condos and restaurants along the Seven Mile Beach area is the Cayman Good Taste map: www.caymangoodtaste.com/interactive_map.asp…

If you stay in the northern portion of SMB you will need to either rent a car or rely on public busses and/or taxis to get to restaurants and water sports operations.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,832 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help me to decide

You don't say when you are planning to visit Cayman.

If you are set on a newer, higher rise property which offers a large beach and walking distance to restaurants, you are limited to Meridian, Beachcomber or Caribbean Club, all in the central section of Seven Mile Beach. Personally, my preference would be one of the three story properties in the same area such as Coral Stone, Casa Carib, Islands Club etc. The rates in this area are highest based on beach size and quality, and for convenience to shops and restaurants. Check the sites mentioned by lovecayman.

Bozzie's suggestion of Plantana is a good one and worth looking into. It is not new and glitzy but a solid property with a loyal following. It is between two complexes that do not offer weekly rentals so there is plenty of beach space for Frisbee without being in the way of others. A property equivalent to SBBC in the northern section with plenty of beach space would be The Renaissance. You would, however, need a car or public transportation for the short drive to a selection of dining options.

Bottom line, if you want it all, be prepared to pay for it.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,198 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help me to decide

From any property in the central SMB area you will be in easy walking distance to many restaurants. From northern ones you will need a car.

IF you do not have a pool on your list of wants, Islands Club would be a good choice. For a huge expanse of beach with very nice pool, units, super location, I would place Coralstone Club as perfect for your family.

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach