We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SMB Condo Comparison

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
SMB Condo Comparison

I thought I had narrowed down where to stay but I was able to find some reasonably priced condos that may be a better fit:

WhiteSands condos or Villas Pappagallo

I can see that Villas Pappagallo is further out but the specific unit is nicer because it was recently updated. WhiteSands appears to be oceanfront whereas Pappagallo is oveanview. Is Whitesands close enough so that I won't need a car? The price difference per night is minimal for the unit itself, approx $40.

Which would you recommend?

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SMB Condo Comparison

Pappagallo is not on SMB.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
3,995 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SMB Condo Comparison

White Sands is on the Northern end of Seven Mile Beach. Unless you are strong walkers, I think that you would need a car. Villas Papagallo are (as you know) in West Bay and the only thing within walking distance there is Ristorante Papagallo.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SMB Condo Comparison

You seem to be veering off from your earlier posts desiring to be within walking distance to restaurants and on SMB. Any in Northern part of SMB have direct beach access, but you will need a car for the relatively short drive to restaurants, grocery, liquor stores, etc. Villas Pappagallo does not fulfill either of your original wants.

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SMB Condo Comparison

You can see where White Sands is (and restaurants and other condos and hotels, etc are located) on the Cayman Good Taste map of SMB: www.caymangoodtaste.com/interactive_map.asp…

You can see where Villas Pappagallo is on the Cayman Good Taste map for West Bay: www.caymangoodtaste.com/interactive_map.asp…

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SMB Condo Comparison

I guess it just doesn't seem very far when looking at the map showing where each hotel/condo stands which is why I assumed I would still be able to walk a few places at White Sands. I can see that Pappagallo is definitely a drive but the agent told me approx 10min.

I am just pretty particular about furnishings and it seems that none of the affordable complexes in the main SMB area are updated. In order to get something nice, I may have to increase my budget above $250/night.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
3,995 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SMB Condo Comparison

Yes, I would estimate a 10 minute drive from Pappagallo to the north end of SMB. I looked at the property a few years back, and I thought that they had a small man-made beach there?

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SMB Condo Comparison

"I guess it just doesn't seem very far when looking at the map showing where each hotel/condo stands"

Remove the guess work and try google maps. You can see exact distances and walking directions.

What specifically are you particular about when it comes to furnishings? Some properties have better photos than others but rest assured that there are very high standards when it comes to rental properties and all will be reasonably updated and impeccably clean.

Of the two you listed, I would go with White Sands since it is the only one on SMB but neither of the two properties meet the requirements from your earlier topic.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147365-i261-k7364…

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SMB Condo Comparison

Yes, have to agree that if it comes down to these 2, White Sands wins. What pushed your previous 4 target properties off your list? Have not personally stayed at London House but husband has coworker who has stayed there for many years and loves it. As a couple going without other family members we find Beachsuites ideal for convenient location and not requiring rental car.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: SMB Condo Comparison

If the London House is on your list I've stayed there 4 times and the furnishings in unit 8 are nice. I can furnish photos if requested. Price is right too. Ocean front!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SMB Condo Comparison

In regards to my initial post and changing my focus: My husband wants to do other things outside of relaxing at the beach which is what I had in mind when I posted initially. He is a real nature/outdoors type individual and initially I had envisioned us sitting at the beach, or inside with a view of the beach and walking here or there for meals but he seems to have different expectations. He wants to explore and experience the island so it now seems that a car rental will now be necessary for us. I then have to take that additional cost into consideration which lowers my condo/hotel budget. I am trying to spend no more than $1,200 combined total if possible. With that being said Silver Sands, Cayman Beach Suites and the Anchorage are all out because they are more costly. I later found Pappagallo and White Sands units which seem to be within that range....may still be able to do London House which I need to revisit.

Walking distance to restaurants/activities is something I know will lose out on with my budget but we now plan to rent a car. My husband doesn't really assist with planning our vacations but he seems to make little statements here or there that give me insight on his expectations such as "Is there anything else to do there besides the beach, is that all we are going to do?". So I want to offer him that option to explore but I'd still like to be beachfront or have a view with a balcony/patio area as close to SMB as possible so that we can easily drive there on a daily basis if desired.

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach