We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling along seven mile beach area.

St Louis
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling along seven mile beach area.

We've been to Stingray City, Rum Point and Starfish Cove. Would like to snorkel Coral Gardens maybe. Is this something that is perfectly safe to do on our own? All boat tours offer the usual. Private charters are too pricey for us. If we took a boat, we prefer catamarans. Any suggestions?

Acquarius Sea Tours
Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours
Six Senses Cayman Adventures
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Water Sports, Private Tours
DNS Diving
Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,966 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Snorkeling along seven mile beach area.

MPaint, that truly is a great account of what you experienced. I see turtles most often when diving, and the idea of staying calm, and just letting them be often reaps a far better experience with them, because they truly aren't afraid. The people that aggressively swim after them, trying to touch them at all costs and generally harassing them rarely gets them what they want, and uses up a lot of their air.

They are really nice creatures to swim with. I like watching them feed on the coral, usually accompanied by a couple of angelfish, picking up the scraps.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for East End, Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
924 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Snorkeling along seven mile beach area.

Great story, Mpaint! I too have found that mature turtles seem quite content with my company when I simply approach them in a casual manner. Some people don't understand that you don't need to bullrush them.

And approaching them when they are hungry and have little else on their minds but their next bite of grass doesn't hurt either! I spent nearly an hour with each of the two adult turtles in the slideshow I posted as they grazed, and they actually relaxed even more the longer I spent time with them. Perhaps they view docile humans as protection?

23. Re: Snorkeling along seven mile beach area.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach
Recent Conversations