We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moderately priced condo

Arlington, Texas
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Moderately priced condo

We are trying to decide which moderately priced condo to book. Trying to decide between The Anchorage, Poinsetta or Georgetown Villas. Has anyone stayed in any of these and what's my best choice? Thanks for any help!

Crowley, Texas
Level Contributor
344 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moderately priced condo

We have stayed at Christopher Columbus Condos next door to the Anchorage many times. I believe that those two condos as well as Discovery Point , next door, are at about the same price level. I believe that stretch of beach is one of the nicest in the Seven Mile Beach area - not rocky, lots of sand, decent snorkeling with a very short swim.. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Arlington, Texas
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Moderately priced condo

Thank you for the information! I will look into those other two as well and choose between those three.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,106 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moderately priced condo

I would steer you away from Pointsettia and George Town Villas, agree that a condo in the Northern end of Seven Mile Beach would be preferable to the two. Anchorage is OK, also take a look at White Sands and Harbour Heights, just a bit to the south of Anchorage.

Arlington, Texas
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Moderately priced condo

Glad I asked! I will stay away look at the ones you suggested as well and stay away from the others.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moderately priced condo

No doubt in my estimation, a condo located in the Northern area of SMB will offer you the best bang for the buck! Super beachfront, short drive from grocery, liquor stores, other shopping venues, from shore snorkeling. Christpher Columbus, Anchorage, Discovery Point, Aqua Bay, London House are just some of the many great options for you to consider:-)

Arlington, Texas
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Moderately priced condo

I'll look into those as well. Thanks everyone for your advice. It has really helped us to decide what area would be best for us.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
411 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moderately priced condo

did you try vrbo . we stayed at the Christopher Columbus nice place we rented the three bedroom penthouse . the codo was great , and an outstanding view. the price was very fare . the beach was a little rocky at points but fine. London house has a great beach . what about villas of galleon great location no pool . but the beach is great..

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Moderately priced condo

We stayed at The Anchorage last year and loved it. Next week we are staying at

London House, which is near The Anchorage. Chose it because of washer/dryer in unit. Really missed this last year. The North end of 7 Mile Beach is great! We stayed at Plantation Village near the Marriott for several years. We loved it too. But the beach on the North end is so much better. If you rent a car, getting around isn't a problem no matter where you stay.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Moderately priced condo

I can answer any questions about London House. Stayed there a number of times. Great area in my opinion.

Arlington, Texas
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Moderately priced condo

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I ended up reserving a 2 bedroom, 2 bath at Christopher Columbus, through Melinda with FlipKey. Sounds like it will fit our needs perfectly.

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach
Recent Conversations